free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-485 birth certificate missing

My docs are fine and the status is legal.

The only problem - my birth certificate is missing. I went through the list of secondary evidence - like church record, etc - I have none of them. The only thing with details is my passport (internal foreign). Does anyone know what documents can substitute birth certificate (or where should i look for such info). thanxxxxx!!!

My docs are fine and the status is legal.

The only problem - my birth certificate is missing. I went through the list of secondary evidence - like church record, etc - I have none of them. The only thing with details is my passport (internal foreign). Does anyone know what documents can substitute birth certificate (or where should i look for such info). thanxxxxx!!!

Alina,

Why we always have the same problems? ...mine was misplaced too, but I have the photocopy. Someone told me that we can get 2 affidavits from the person who knows about us more than 10 years and knows our parents. For example, parents and any other close relatives. You can search sample of affidavits in the website. For the time being I'm applying for my copy of birth cert from the government of my birth country. If its take too long then I have to do the affidavits too. Good luck.

Thank you, XX. I'm going to talk to an immigr attorney about it - I'll let you know about the outcome, OK? good luck to you too

Alina,

More details, the person who make the affidavits must be someone who is 10 years older than you w

Sorry about the above post, I was accidently hit the post button. Thats the main idea and the best consult your lawyer . Good luck.

This is what I'm trying to type while accidently hitting the post button.

should get notarized birth affidavit from a parent or other person who has personal knowledge of the birth and was at least 10 at the time of the birth.

Hi Alina,

Try to get a duplicate Birth Certificate from your country or place of birth if you can. Another thing that you can get is a Certificate from your first school attended in which will certify that according to their records your, date of birth is______, place of birth is_____, Father's name is_______, and Mother's name is_______.

In addition to that, you can get at least two Notarized Affidavits from your relatives or neighbors. They should be able to certify that they have personal knowledge that they were present at the time of your birth and you were born on ______ at______ to Mrs._______ who was lawfully wedded to Mr. ________. These persons should be atleast 10 to 15 years older than you.

Good Luck and God Bless You, Alina!

One Heart

Thanks one heart, at least you help me at the same time too ...thats why I love this site, ppl are helping each other. Keep it up.

Thank you, xx.

Your words are greatly appreciated and so is the great advice that you have also given to this board.

Thank you again and God Bless You!

One Heart