50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Joint Sponsor

My husband is a joint sponsor to meet the financial eligibility of my nephew's father who petitioned my nephew in Jan. 1990. The State Dept. sent him documents in connection with the approval of the petition and was asked to fill them up and pay visa processing fees which he did for himself and his family whose migrating with him. Unfortunately, however, after the documents were filed and bank drafts for fees were sent the petitioning father passed away a month later after submitting pertinent documents and his affidavit of support although not sufficient that's why my husband was made and sumbitted documents as a joint sponsor before the death. Will the petitioner's death affect the application process even though documents have been submitted and received by the State Dept.? My nephew cannot afford to hire a lawyer but they already have been through enough and gone this far. Also, they haven't reported the death yet, but already has a letter for the Sate Dept. pertaining to the death of his father ready for submission. Can you please help us. Thank you.

My husband is a joint sponsor to meet the financial eligibility of my nephew's father who petitioned my nephew in Jan. 1990. The State Dept. sent him documents in connection with the approval of the petition and was asked to fill them up and pay visa processing fees which he did for himself and his family whose migrating with him. Unfortunately, however, after the documents were filed and bank drafts for fees were sent the petitioning father passed away a month later after submitting pertinent documents and his affidavit of support although not sufficient that's why my husband was made and sumbitted documents as a joint sponsor before the death. Will the petitioner's death affect the application process even though documents have been submitted and received by the State Dept.? My nephew cannot afford to hire a lawyer but they already have been through enough and gone this far. Also, they haven't reported the death yet, but already has a letter for the Sate Dept. pertaining to the death of his father ready for submission. Can you please help us. Thank you.