50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: USCIS Texas Service Center Processing Time/Retrogression

I could not understand why Texas Service Center Processing Time has awfully long retrogression for I-730 (Petition for accompanying family members of a refugee/asylee. The current processing time frame for this type of petition is May 10, 2007. It was July, 2007 prior month processing time, and Nov or Dec 2007 before that. When I check the processing time for Nebraska Service Center for the same type of petition, the current processing time frame is February 15, 2008 which seems lot faster than Texas Center. Why does this happen? Is the info in web-site is always correct? I am hoping it was a typo for Texas Service Center. I cannot see the pain of my relative who is waiting for so long to be able to reunite with her family.
    Please post your thoughts here if you want to share your knowledge and experience regarding this type of petition or processing time issues.

I could not understand why Texas Service Center Processing Time has awfully long retrogression for I-730 (Petition for accompanying family members of a refugee/asylee. The current processing time frame for this type of petition is May 10, 2007. It was July, 2007 prior month processing time, and Nov or Dec 2007 before that. When I check the processing time for Nebraska Service Center for the same type of petition, the current processing time frame is February 15, 2008 which seems lot faster than Texas Center. Why does this happen? Is the info in web-site is always correct? I am hoping it was a typo for Texas Service Center. I cannot see the pain of my relative who is waiting for so long to be able to reunite with her family.
    Please post your thoughts here if you want to share your knowledge and experience regarding this type of petition or processing time issues.

What does this have to do with Obama's inefficiency in nominating tax cheats or current stimulus package?
    If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Please respond to the original post. Is anyone out there who knows about this problem? Is it likely that the processing time has such a long retrogression?

Quite simple, there is much more work for them to do than resources they have. Throw in fraud, incompetance, and generous vacation and sick leave, and you get your anwser.

I know. But, moving 7/8 months backward for case processing within a couple of months made me wonder if such things happen at USCIS. Besides, the timeline differences between Texas and Nebraska Center is nine months for this category(Nebraska being faster, when Texas was six months faster just a few months ago). This looked strange to me.