ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page


Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Make us Homepage

Questions/Comments


SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily


Chinese Immig. Daily




The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Help,Can Someone Give Advice On Keeping Me And My Wife Together In The US

  1. #1
    Guest
    I came over to the Us on Oct 1st,I had some problems coming through immigration so they called me to the side and questioned me as I had just returned from Britain after a few days after leaving the US where I had previously spent 90 days.I said that this time that I was coming to America to marry my fiance which I was and they explained about that I had to apply for a fiance visa which I said I would do,which I did.We applied for the fiance visa so that I could get temporary status,we waited and waited and still heard nothing,the date of our Wedding which we had previously booked months ahead approached.We still heard nothing,we went ahead and married on November 23rd of this year.We then went on our honeymoon to the Bahamas and on our return to the States leaving we had problems with immigration again.Apparantly they told us that because we married it made our application void and that we had to resubmit our application for a fiance visa all over again,this was all unbeknown to us.We waited for an answer and it wasnt our fault they hadnt replied by the time we were getting married.Besides we had to get married in that 90 day period.Anyway,now we are in the dilemma of me only having until December 28 to be allowed to stay in the US with my wife before my 90 days is up and I have to go.It would take too long to resubmit my application again,so we have decided for my wife to apply to move back to Britain with me and live,as its much easier.Although she is a teacher and in a contract with her school until April 2003.She cant leave as she will lose her teaching liscense and be sewed.We dont want to be apart for months until she has finished her contract in early April.Is there anything that we can do to be together from Jan until April?I only need one more lot of 90 days to be able to stay until we are going to move to Britain permenantly anyway.Please help.Email me if you have any advice or any ideas.It will be greatly appreciated.We are so desperate right now.My email address is adamhill80@hotmail.com.Thanks.

  2. #2
    Guest
    I came over to the Us on Oct 1st,I had some problems coming through immigration so they called me to the side and questioned me as I had just returned from Britain after a few days after leaving the US where I had previously spent 90 days.I said that this time that I was coming to America to marry my fiance which I was and they explained about that I had to apply for a fiance visa which I said I would do,which I did.We applied for the fiance visa so that I could get temporary status,we waited and waited and still heard nothing,the date of our Wedding which we had previously booked months ahead approached.We still heard nothing,we went ahead and married on November 23rd of this year.We then went on our honeymoon to the Bahamas and on our return to the States leaving we had problems with immigration again.Apparantly they told us that because we married it made our application void and that we had to resubmit our application for a fiance visa all over again,this was all unbeknown to us.We waited for an answer and it wasnt our fault they hadnt replied by the time we were getting married.Besides we had to get married in that 90 day period.Anyway,now we are in the dilemma of me only having until December 28 to be allowed to stay in the US with my wife before my 90 days is up and I have to go.It would take too long to resubmit my application again,so we have decided for my wife to apply to move back to Britain with me and live,as its much easier.Although she is a teacher and in a contract with her school until April 2003.She cant leave as she will lose her teaching liscense and be sewed.We dont want to be apart for months until she has finished her contract in early April.Is there anything that we can do to be together from Jan until April?I only need one more lot of 90 days to be able to stay until we are going to move to Britain permenantly anyway.Please help.Email me if you have any advice or any ideas.It will be greatly appreciated.We are so desperate right now.My email address is adamhill80@hotmail.com.Thanks.

  3. #3
    Guest
    why don't you apply for a change of status since you are here? Just because your application for a fiance no longer exists shouldn't mean that you can't apply for AOS based on being a spouse to a USC.

  4. #4
    Guest
    You need to go back and have your wife file a new application, since you are no longer a fiance. In the meantime, you cannot overstay your current visa terms. Once back in Britain, the INS will tell you where to go in Britain (closest to your residence) for your interview.

  5. #5
    Guest
    From now until April is not that long. You can't make that argument to the INS. (There are servicemen in Afghanistan who've been "away" from their wives much much longer). Any application you try to make will probably take longer than it will take for your wife to move to Britain anyway.

  6. #6
    Guest
    If you are in the process of waiting for certain applications to be approved, such as that for AOS, aren't you considered to be legally in the country until receipt of notification??? (obviously with approval you could continue to stay in the country whereas with denial you would have to leave). Or am I completely wrong?

  7. #7
    Guest
    The thing is x, he hasn't filed any paperwork here, he filed them back home.

    You could apply for AOS here but the problem is here: you have to be able to prove that you didn't intend on staying.....with an application pending abroad, i think the odds are not with you on this one.

    What you need to do is go back home and wait for your petition to be approved. I think you're going to have to have it changed to spouse of a USC instead of fiance.

    It's going to be a little while but that can't be helped. You could also talk to a lawyer but i think the easiest way for you to get here would be to go back home. You should have waited for your fiance petition to be approved.

    You can't blame everything on "we didn't know".

  8. #8
    Guest
    Hey there guys,I dont know anything that will help,just wanted to wish you good luck though.Ignore people who make daft little remarks.Its a pity those people arent a little more constructive.Im praying for you.

  9. #9
    Guest
    Hey there it sound to me like Marie knows all there is to know about immigration laws,maybee from now on everyone oughta email her for advice.Anyway,dont worry,no one knows everything about immigration,its so damn complicated and just drives you nuts even thinking about it.I do have one suggestion for you though,if your wife really wants to be with you and really loves you then how about her finding a way to finish her contract early or quitting?It seems a shame you have to be apart,maybee her job means more to her then you?I know my wife would do anything to be with me,thank goodness because thats what it took with all the trouble that we had with Immigration.Anyway I wish you well.Lots of luck pal.

  10. #10
    Guest
    I don't know anything there is to know, I'm just stating the facts.
    They had a pending petition, I know how hard it is to stay away from your loved one, but they were on the right track doing it the right way and then got married. You still have to go through the proper channels, now they have to face the consequences and I really don't see anything else to do.
    If I were an INS official and someone had a pending fiance petition and then came and got amrried before it was approved, I would have a hard time believing that they did not intend to stay. I'm just trying to avoid these people even more hardship and longer seperation.

    Like I said, go see a lawyer.

Similar Threads

  1. Maybe someone can give me some advice on a situation
    By cddavis78 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-12-2010, 12:02 PM
  2. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE??
    By flyer in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-08-2006, 10:24 PM
  3. please, can anybody give me advice???
    By hotzelka in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 08:12 PM
  4. Can somebody give me advice
    By Eva Zimmer in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2006, 10:29 AM
  5. please give me some advice
    By nav in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: