50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I 751 Pending

I have some questions regarding Pending I 751 and citizenship.
    1-----I 751 is still pending.Processing time according to USCIS for I 751 in California Service Center is 6 months.On August 6th 2009,it will be exactly 6 months of filing.I didnt get a call for interview or something.Do you think we will be asked for the interview?
    2----According to Processing dates time frame decision should be taken with in 6 months.Will I get my card around August 6th 2009?What can delay the processing?
    3----According to USCIS to be eligible for Citizenship I should be in US married to a US Citizen for 3 years minus 90 days.According to this rule I should be eligible around March 2010.My concern is my departure from US for 4 and 1/2 months in 2008 and 4 months in 2009 due to my studies.Will affect the presence in US?Keep in consideration I was never out of US straight more than 6 months.Thats where they get ya.
    griffins

I have some questions regarding Pending I 751 and citizenship.
    1-----I 751 is still pending.Processing time according to USCIS for I 751 in California Service Center is 6 months.On August 6th 2009,it will be exactly 6 months of filing.I didnt get a call for interview or something.Do you think we will be asked for the interview?
    2----According to Processing dates time frame decision should be taken with in 6 months.Will I get my card around August 6th 2009?What can delay the processing?
    3----According to USCIS to be eligible for Citizenship I should be in US married to a US Citizen for 3 years minus 90 days.According to this rule I should be eligible around March 2010.My concern is my departure from US for 4 and 1/2 months in 2008 and 4 months in 2009 due to my studies.Will affect the presence in US?Keep in consideration I was never out of US straight more than 6 months.Thats where they get ya.
    griffins

According to http://www.americanlaw.com/citnat.html

"In the case of absences from the United States of six months or less, there is no break in the continuity of residence for naturalization purposes."

You should be okay! Good luck.

Thank you very much Proud USC.
    griffins

1. Most individuals are not called for interviews unless there is a lack of documentation or you're lucky enough to be among the random few who get picked.

2.While the website says 6 months, it's usually about 6-9 months. Processing times on the website are approximate. Do not expect to get your new green card on or around August 6, 2009, exactly, although you may be lucky. You can call USCIS about any delays after 30 days have passed since reaching the six month mark (Around Sept 5,2009).

3. For US Citizenship, you can't have any one trip outside the U.S. lasting more than six months AND you have to have been physically present in the U.S. for at least 1.5 years out of the 3 years since gaining permanent residency (or 18 out of 36 months). Looks like you're good on both counts.

Hopefully I will b Lucky Enough to get my ten year green card in this Week.Then it will b a party time.Yeah
    griffins