American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marriage and Citizen

Timeline:

November 2001 - Met my wife at college

December 2005 - Married my wife

December 2005 - Filed paper to adjust status via marriage to USC

August 2006 - Had interview and got 2 year conditional green card

August 2008 - Got my condition removed after we filed for the removal of petition jointly. Got my 10 year green card.

December we will have our 3 year marriage anniversary.

We have had a rough last year, and have decided that its best if we divorce. Will i be able to get my citizenship this August since that will be my third year with the Green Card, or do have to wait the five years now? We did file for everything jointly, even our petition to remove my condition. Please help.

Timeline:

November 2001 - Met my wife at college

December 2005 - Married my wife

December 2005 - Filed paper to adjust status via marriage to USC

August 2006 - Had interview and got 2 year conditional green card

August 2008 - Got my condition removed after we filed for the removal of petition jointly. Got my 10 year green card.

December we will have our 3 year marriage anniversary.

We have had a rough last year, and have decided that its best if we divorce. Will i be able to get my citizenship this August since that will be my third year with the Green Card, or do have to wait the five years now? We did file for everything jointly, even our petition to remove my condition. Please help.

Hello Mr Water,

As previously mentioned to your wife, for marriage based you have to stay married and living as man and wife right up to the Oath Ceremony. This could take up to a year in some States from when you apply.

If you separate or divorce before that, you will have to wait or re-apply for the 5 yr mark (-90 days unless change).

You can apply sure, but it would be on false pretences and you will have to remain with your wife for some time yet.

I know you want to marry your UK fiancee but I'm afraid you may have to wait sometime before you can bring her over as your spouse.

The first thread of many by your wife..this one gave the answer already:
    Here
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

ok Miss Sprint, u got me figured out. now help me get my g/f here as fast as possible. i dont want to break any rules, but at the same time if we can work the system i want to do that. if the only way is until i become a citizen, then that fine. i just want to spend maximum time with her until she can move here for good. if that 6 months at a time, then thats better than 3 months, do u know what i mean? please help with this matter.

Mr Water,

These questions have been already answered to you, your options and some good advice..

There is no need to keep posting new threads, when the answers have already been given.

If you have trouble finding your previous threads, please click on these links that will take you to them and you can read the answers given to you previously.

2nd thread

3rd Thread

4th thread

And I already gave you the first one.
    Please read through them, and any other questions, please post them on this thread so it can be all kept together, and easier to find for your benefit. It will also be useful for others to be able to post additional information for you which hasn't been given yet and see what has already been posted before.

If you think you can work the system, don't bet USCIS will not work it out or find out.

Either way Mr Water, you will have to wait for Citizenship to be able to sponsor your g/f to come here and live with you..unless she comes here on her own merits then you later marry when you are a USC.
    You could sponsor her as a LPR at some point but that will take a very long time to have a visa number available. That will not make her come quicker or allow her entry easily to visit because you have filed for her.

I do understand that you want to be with her, but I am afraid many of us have had to be separated from our loved ones too during the immigration process.
    You are still married, so I think sorting that out right now is the most important to deal with.

Time separated is also a test of your relationship and whether it can stand the strain.. it doesn't seem that you two have known each other long, considering you are in two different countries and you are still married.

Maybe the best way for now is to visit each other and get to know each other better. But do visit the right way or it can catch up with you later when you file for her, or if POE get suspicious they could refuse her entry.

By the way, if you have spent time in UK, or want to spend some time for long periods, keep in mind time spent out of country as a LPR. You need to be careful with this if you want to file for Citizenship.

Maybe you need to look into moving to the UK instead, if you can't be away from her.

Good Luck
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Very convinient timeline for divorce. I will bet a good DAO will take a hard look at your citizenship application.

Water: You've gotta be kidding, right??? You sound like nothing other than a scam artist. USCIS will take a VERY CLOSE look at your case based on your timeline...and hopefully will deny your application for American citizenship.

Oooooh, and by the way...the answers to your questions will remain the same no matter how many times you ask or post new threads.

I don't think that you're smart enough to be an American.

Not every DAO will. Management tells DAOs we are in the business of approving not denying, but some are honorable and patriotic and might refer it to FDNS section.