50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband forged my signature on Petition I-751...now what?

Hello all, I could really use some advice. My husband forged my signature on petition I-751 and had friends sign untruthful Affidavits that stated we still live together. We have been in divorce proceedings for over a year now and before this I tried to file for a joint 'simplified dissolution of marriage' which he refused. We were married in 2005 and have been living separated since the fall of 2007 when it became clear to me that I was his means to get a greencard. In October of last year (after his temp gc expired) he filed petition I-751, but he sent it to the wrong office and the letter was sent to my house, which must be his address still on file with USCIS. I didn't realize that the letter was for him until I had opened it (he has his mail forwarded to some new address) and within I found the petition with my forged signature. I returned the letter to USCIS and attached my own letter explaining the situation, the forgery, and gave them an address where my ex might be contacted. A week later another letter came back, addressed to my husband. I was worried that they had not even read my letter, since I had given them his new address, so I contacted ICE, who told me to hang on to the new letter and that they would annotate his file in case he tried to forge my signature again. ICE said they might contact me about the new letter, but they never did. So in June I finally got up the energy and courage to go to a USCIS field office in person (4hr drive). They were helpful and opened the still closed letter that was sent to my address by USCIS. Turns out that my letter was never read and they simply placed all documents in a letter addressed to my husband. I can only imagine his anger and what he would have done had my letter about the forgery reached him. They said that the forgery and documents would be added to his file and he would be held accountable. Yet I don't think this will happen. I hear he has left and returned to the US without any problems, which must mean he has some kind of a legit document allowing him to travel or maybe even his permanent gc? How is this possible? Now he seems finally a bit more willing to settle or at least he has finally sent his financial disclosure after a year! I feel used and deceived and I find it an outrage that he can get away with this. He gets what he wants, gets away with forgery and makes me endure a year of divorce proceedings. Will USCIS really give a gc to someone who deceives them and commits forgery?
    Sorry, this turned out to be quite a long post.

Hello all, I could really use some advice. My husband forged my signature on petition I-751 and had friends sign untruthful Affidavits that stated we still live together. We have been in divorce proceedings for over a year now and before this I tried to file for a joint 'simplified dissolution of marriage' which he refused. We were married in 2005 and have been living separated since the fall of 2007 when it became clear to me that I was his means to get a greencard. In October of last year (after his temp gc expired) he filed petition I-751, but he sent it to the wrong office and the letter was sent to my house, which must be his address still on file with USCIS. I didn't realize that the letter was for him until I had opened it (he has his mail forwarded to some new address) and within I found the petition with my forged signature. I returned the letter to USCIS and attached my own letter explaining the situation, the forgery, and gave them an address where my ex might be contacted. A week later another letter came back, addressed to my husband. I was worried that they had not even read my letter, since I had given them his new address, so I contacted ICE, who told me to hang on to the new letter and that they would annotate his file in case he tried to forge my signature again. ICE said they might contact me about the new letter, but they never did. So in June I finally got up the energy and courage to go to a USCIS field office in person (4hr drive). They were helpful and opened the still closed letter that was sent to my address by USCIS. Turns out that my letter was never read and they simply placed all documents in a letter addressed to my husband. I can only imagine his anger and what he would have done had my letter about the forgery reached him. They said that the forgery and documents would be added to his file and he would be held accountable. Yet I don't think this will happen. I hear he has left and returned to the US without any problems, which must mean he has some kind of a legit document allowing him to travel or maybe even his permanent gc? How is this possible? Now he seems finally a bit more willing to settle or at least he has finally sent his financial disclosure after a year! I feel used and deceived and I find it an outrage that he can get away with this. He gets what he wants, gets away with forgery and makes me endure a year of divorce proceedings. Will USCIS really give a gc to someone who deceives them and commits forgery?
    Sorry, this turned out to be quite a long post.

Daphne I don't want to judge but I can't resist this one; you married and lived with the guy for that long, you even applied for his adjustmeant now all of a sudden its uscis' fault. I find it hard to believe that through the time you were with him you didn't know what type he was.

Just move on and live your life, no need to stress over a "marriage" Use the word loosely, gone bad.

Men, that guy is good, NOT!!!

Still confused to why you didn't just open the letter when it came to your address;-)

First thing the guy is pretty dumb to have forged the signature. That's something the USCIS can hang him on if they find out, which sounds like they will. Most likely they will ask for a I-751 interview with both of you attending since he claims you are still together! Of course you won't go and he'll be up sh*t creek. It's an automatic denial in that case.

Secondly, don't worry anymore. You've done what you can do and as floyd says, move on with your life, chalk it up to experience. Nothing will be gained by going on a vengeful streak. We've had (and still have some members on here) who have done this. You'll end up bitter and twisted.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Brit pursuing justice is not being mean or twisted and I take offense. It show's us all your not a real American. For a real American would not want any of it's citizens treated unjustly and would demand that punishment be given to those who violate the laws of our nation.

RH, as it is right now given what she has told us, he'll get his punishment in the form of removal. Guaranteed. What else do you want? A pound of flesh too? You say justice but what you are really meaning is vengeance.

As for the "real American" thing..I'll ignore that statement for now.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

He would have had a 1 year extension letter based on filing the I-751. That's normal. That also allows him to re-enter the country. Presumably the interview hasn't yet been setup. She will get a notice to attend when they schedule it. It can take 6 months to a year for the interview.

Brit your a realing proving your not an American by birth. If this woman doesn't monitor what ICE does and have someone on her side he will not be punished.

Unlike you I prefer to live in a lawful society. Play by the laws and the rules if you want to immigrate to our nation.

My son asked me to type go jump in a lake! Bully

Daphne listen to Dav he is telling you the truth here.

See Brit Dav does it honestly and fairly. A crime ia a crime even if it is one of your precious illegal immigrants.

Do not assume that people who seek justice are vengeful, bitter, or any other negative adjective you care to use.

Davdah, thank you for the helpful info. Thank you all for replying. When the USCIS officer opened the letter and found the original I-751 with my forged signature and the supporting docs, i.e. affidavits, check, etc…, she told me I would have to send the cashiers check AND the original I-751 back to him since it was legally his mail. I told her that I felt quite uncomfortable sending this forged document back to him. She said she would get back to me about whether Vermont would want the original or whether I should send it to him, but so far I’ve heard nothing. I just wrote her a letter and hope to hear back from her. Do you think I should keep the original?
    Also, should I really write more letters to USCIS? I have been wondering whether I should write to Vermont telling them I would like to end my sponsorship for him. I did call them about two years ago about this and they said that I can’t and there is no need to, but I have seen other opinions on this forum.