free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You as a US Citizen does not mean Jack

Here I am married to a Brazilian whom overstayed her visa by a year and a half. Upon not educated to the law of the "US Immigration" we decided to get married in her home country of Brazil. We have had a daughter since being here named Analua.I love them both very much. My problem is how can our country dis-allow family unification? I find that very strange. She subject to the 10 year bar now I know theres nothing I can do and trying to get the ban waived is like throwing yourself infront of a mack truck. I don't plan to seperate from my family so I guess raising my wife and kid in a Violent, 3rd world country is what our US government think of their lawful Citizens. ANy insight would be appreciated.

Here I am married to a Brazilian whom overstayed her visa by a year and a half. Upon not educated to the law of the "US Immigration" we decided to get married in her home country of Brazil. We have had a daughter since being here named Analua.I love them both very much. My problem is how can our country dis-allow family unification? I find that very strange. She subject to the 10 year bar now I know theres nothing I can do and trying to get the ban waived is like throwing yourself infront of a mack truck. I don't plan to seperate from my family so I guess raising my wife and kid in a Violent, 3rd world country is what our US government think of their lawful Citizens. ANy insight would be appreciated.

You have learned something; Congress passed the laws that brought about the 3/10 yr bars for people who did NOT do what they said when they were admitted to the US as a tourist (or some other category- but tourist is the most common visa that is abused) and who stayed far beyond what they were allowed by US law.
    Waivers are discretionary; one has to demonstrate EXTREME hardship to the Amcit spouse or child and extreme hardship is not just separation.
    Of course the other way to look at this is...your spouse did not obey US laws to begin with, hence her problem. If she had just visited and left when INS said her visit was over, you would not be having this discussion. So, whose fault is it?

Like I said being a US citzenship don't mean jack. Of course even though she overstayed she should have the rights to accompany her husband and child. I am pretty sure you have never been in this situation if you were you would be singing the same tune. I feel you may have a small bit of hatred or anti-immigration under your shirt. Anyways I will make the best of my stay in this country. US has alot of growing up anyways. Selfishness.

Stuck, I'm really sorry to hear that you're going thru this problem, thats the kind of problem immigrants face each day- seperation from their loved ones and families. Its really sad to see how heartless people have become judging by what you read sometimes on the post. But, what people don't know is that they coulda've been in that position too, its just mere luck. Nobody ever planned to be born here but I hope someday, we'll all learn to love and care for one another and see each other as human beings first instead of judging people by their color, hair, accent and as silly as it gets now - IMMIGRATION DOCUMENTS !
    It seems what it takes nowadays to be considered a human being is by having a document that has your picture and name on it. As long as you don't have that, you don't deserve any pity no matter how sad or pathetic your situation is. Anyways I guess the world is improving little by little, we're gradually learning to abandon discrimination based on skin color and replacing it with DOCUMENT- grow up people !!!
    Once again, I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, STUCK!

I really appreciate your sympathy. I have been to alot of places around the world and to be honest it's not half bad here. Sun, beautiful beach, beautiful people. 10 years away is not so bad. Maybe people will mature. To be honest this place is the closest I've been to freedom besides Amsterdam, Holland... Now thats freedom.

Dear Stuck: Nowhere or at no time have you ever seen me write anything that is anti-immigration. I am for people following rules and laws, especially immigration rules/laws.
    When anyone breaks a rule or law, there is likely to be a penalty that has to be paid (unless you are O.J.!). As I said, your current situation would not exist except that your wife did not obey our rules. If she would have, then you would not be facing these difficulties.
    As far as "America 4 All", well, it is true that none of us controlled where we were born. But the US is a soveriegn nation which means it gets to decide who can cross her borders. Without such controls, our country would likely be flooded with folks all understandably seeking a better life, but our economy cannot sustain this type of action (nor could any other country). Letting everyone in could result in a vastly lower standard of living for many as well as straining the infrastructure of many states.
    Congress has decided (and will likely continue to do so) under what conditions people can immigrate to the US. They pass laws - and, guess what? People are supposed to abide by them. There are many legal ways for people to immigrate to the US - why reward someone for attempting to end run those same rules or laws? This would just cheapen the value of the green card and make a travesty of our laws.
    Many aliens have used the mechanism of marrying an American to gain benefits and to mitigate their immigration or other violations. If marrying an Amcit meant an instant free ride to the US no matter that person's previous history with our laws was, well, guess how many illegals would be making a beeline for the chapel? (hmm, let's see, there are about 8 million illegals in the US...I'm guessing that 90% of those would be married 24hrs after any such law was passed.)
    True, some are more successful at this than others, but, that's the way it goes.

You were given the chance to apply for a waiver, under our rules and laws, but INS's decision was not what you wanted. INS has the descretionary authority to approve or deny these waivers - they exercised that authority under our laws in your case.

Not only are you now being anti-immigration, but you are also being racist. Where you present during the murder of OJ Simpsons wife and her boyfriend. I don't mean to rude, but SHUT UP! It's people like you with some kind of a grudge that writes "US Laws". It's all garbage. Your 2 cents isn't worth a penny.

P.S. I never applied for her citizenship or a waiver yet. Thats your problem you assume to quickly. SHUT UP!

FYI Stuck, Anon is waiting outside the US to be reunited with her american spouse....