50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: K3 Visa in Islamabad

Hi thr Guys, I have got a situation regarding K3 and I was wondering if some one can help me out please.

I am Male 28 living in London, UK from last 8 years. I have been married to a U.S citizen from last 2 years and I have applied for the K3 visa in April 2009.

We submitted the basic documents and applied for I130 and I-129F e.t.c

I was married in Pakistan so I have been invited by U.S embassy Islamabad for an interview on 16th November 2009. Interview went smoth with very few basic questions and that is all. Visa Officer told me that I am fully eligible for the visa though administration review is important. I have been told that it should take about 2-3 months.

First thing first, why is that ADMINISTRATION REVIEW important if there is no problem in my case?

Any way now on 23rd November 2009 I have received an e mail from USCIS stating that my I-130 is approved and will be passed to NVC.

But I have been to a K3 Interview already with all the documents like Police Certificates and medical examination and all the basic documents.

So what would happen now and what does that I-130 being approaved means?

Would i still get the K3 visa or U.S embassy might stop my K3 visa now and invite me for another interview for the permanent immigrant visa?

Plus i want to know what does this approved I-130 means...? Am i eligible for greeen card straight away after entering the U.S?

What should i expect from now on and where do i stand?

Your help will be very much appreciated. Bless!!

Kind Regards

Ahmad

Hi thr Guys, I have got a situation regarding K3 and I was wondering if some one can help me out please.

I am Male 28 living in London, UK from last 8 years. I have been married to a U.S citizen from last 2 years and I have applied for the K3 visa in April 2009.

We submitted the basic documents and applied for I130 and I-129F e.t.c

I was married in Pakistan so I have been invited by U.S embassy Islamabad for an interview on 16th November 2009. Interview went smoth with very few basic questions and that is all. Visa Officer told me that I am fully eligible for the visa though administration review is important. I have been told that it should take about 2-3 months.

First thing first, why is that ADMINISTRATION REVIEW important if there is no problem in my case?

Any way now on 23rd November 2009 I have received an e mail from USCIS stating that my I-130 is approved and will be passed to NVC.

But I have been to a K3 Interview already with all the documents like Police Certificates and medical examination and all the basic documents.

So what would happen now and what does that I-130 being approaved means?

Would i still get the K3 visa or U.S embassy might stop my K3 visa now and invite me for another interview for the permanent immigrant visa?

Plus i want to know what does this approved I-130 means...? Am i eligible for greeen card straight away after entering the U.S?

What should i expect from now on and where do i stand?

Your help will be very much appreciated. Bless!!

Kind Regards

Ahmad

Dial 1-800-MALIKPAPISH or email malik@malikpapish.com
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

If your place of residence is the UK, then you should not be interviewing in Pakistan. Are you a permanent resident of the UK or a visitor? Why didn't you apply for an immigrant visa? A K3 takes the same amount of time and offers no benefit.

I am a resident here in the UK. I did not know the amount of time... i thought K3 is alot more quicker !!

I have been interviewed in Pakistan because my marriage ceremony was in Pakistan and one can apply for K3 visa only from the country where he/she got married.

"Administrative Processing", especially in non-immigrant visa applications (which K3 is) is pretty common for Pakistani males. It's code for "security check."

Now that the I-130 is approved, and the actual issuance K3 visa is being delayed, it may be better for you to go forward with the processing of your green card through the I-130. You will be called for another interview if this is the path you choose. (need to get police certificates and medical again). If approved, you will get an I-551 stamp in your passport signifying you are a Legal Permanent Resident and once you enter US, you will get GC in a few weeks.

many thanks for the help Mrs Mani!!

as you suggested to proceed for green card through I-130. Isnt that going to delay the application even more? I have seen people in pakistan and even in the UK waiting through this route.. for 2/3 years altogether....