Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I130 / Tourist Visa

Hi,
    A couple of questions.

I filed I130 for my wife, who is a Chinese Citizen. We got file # in early November. It is supposed to take 6 months before the application even starts to get processed. End of April, but we would like her to spend time in USA May-June.

* What would be the impact if we file for tourist visa in the interim? We already had a visa denied before we were married. We are not sure if a new application is more of less likely to be approved.

Also, generally - what is the process for I130? Do I have an intervew? What kind of things do I need to take?
    And what happens after the application is approved? Can she work in USA?

So many questions !

Thanks

Wolf
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Hi,
    A couple of questions.

I filed I130 for my wife, who is a Chinese Citizen. We got file # in early November. It is supposed to take 6 months before the application even starts to get processed. End of April, but we would like her to spend time in USA May-June.

* What would be the impact if we file for tourist visa in the interim? We already had a visa denied before we were married. We are not sure if a new application is more of less likely to be approved.

Also, generally - what is the process for I130? Do I have an intervew? What kind of things do I need to take?
    And what happens after the application is approved? Can she work in USA?

So many questions !

Thanks

Wolf
    Wolf. Right Here and Now

Someone12
    a tourist visa is out of the question...why? because in order to get one, she would have to convince the consular officials that she would return to China instead of staying with you, her husband...duh....
    once she gets an immigrant visa, however,and enters the US, she will get a temp green card ( a stamp in her passport) and yes, she can work,etc. She would have full green card privileges. A tourist visa, no way, because no one would believe that she would go back to her $4 a day job making shirts for WalMart instead of remaining in the US with her new US husband...sad, but true.

Immigrants cannot qualify for non-immigrant visas. They serve different purposes. If you use one for the other, then you go to jail.