50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What do i do from here ?

Hello everyone ....I have a question i need to ask . I came in the state legally (b2) visa in 1997 and i overstayed ,plus my original passport is lost the one i came in the state with with visa atached to it but i do have my I94 still so i had to ask my parents to send me a new passport . Now okay with me overstaying for this long would i still be able to adjust my status now that im married ?My main worries is that on my original visa the person who typed my visa made a mistake on my year of birth so i have on their the wrong year i didn't see it until i came here in the us so now that i want to adjust my status can i just fill out the forms (which forms) with my right year of birth? Staying for this long would i get to adjust my status at all? Im from an african country (west africa) ...... Thank you all

Hello everyone ....I have a question i need to ask . I came in the state legally (b2) visa in 1997 and i overstayed ,plus my original passport is lost the one i came in the state with with visa atached to it but i do have my I94 still so i had to ask my parents to send me a new passport . Now okay with me overstaying for this long would i still be able to adjust my status now that im married ?My main worries is that on my original visa the person who typed my visa made a mistake on my year of birth so i have on their the wrong year i didn't see it until i came here in the us so now that i want to adjust my status can i just fill out the forms (which forms) with my right year of birth? Staying for this long would i get to adjust my status at all? Im from an african country (west africa) ...... Thank you all

Let's see...

Im not a lawyer, probably bugsy be the best to anwer about fix your status now that you are married (i guess with a USC) even with an overstayed.

However, i guess the best you can do to fix your birth-date on your passport would be call or visit the consulate of your country in THIS country, i would do that... and just have a birth-certificate along with a photo ID (not just the passport) and tell them whats wrong, they should be the best option.

Foreign Consular Offices in the United States
    You can access that information about address, telephone numbers, etc.. this is the URL
    http://www.state.gov/www/travel/cons...ces/s_sec.html

Best wishes,

Alien?

Make sure you have the i-130 and the AOS filed before you step into the INS office. You DO NOT want to be deported.

Also, speak to a lawyer. In this case, your situation seems a bit complicated.

Goodluck to you.

You are doing an AOS and are you married to a USC? this should be answered first so we can explore other avenues for your situation.
    file for another passport at your embassy here in the US and get a good lawyer so this passport can be forwarded to the State Department at Missouri together with your I-94 attesting that you came here legally though you have overstayed.It will be easier to see light on your case if you are married to a US citizen.

Yes im married to a US citizen actually a native american and we are both living together for the past 2 years and just got married.