50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: In need of immediate help! pls

I came in the country (USA) Jan 2006 thru a K1 visa, married my fiance 15th/March/2006 before the 90days and are still together. We went thru every procedure as demanded by the immigration got my work permit and, SSN and also am a holder of a temporary permanent card that took effect since 12/07/06 and expired 12/07/08 but here is the real problem just before my card expired the immigration wrote me a letter stating that i have been added one more year to my green card meaning it expires 12/07/09 well i also got another letter from them asking me to go have my biometrics taken in Nashville and that was in November which i did...now someone help me, what is going to happen after 12/07/09 when this extra year added to my green card expires? Does it mean i will start filing for citizenship or get the 10year green card? Remember i came to the country thru a K1 fiance visa and am married to a USC

I came in the country (USA) Jan 2006 thru a K1 visa, married my fiance 15th/March/2006 before the 90days and are still together. We went thru every procedure as demanded by the immigration got my work permit and, SSN and also am a holder of a temporary permanent card that took effect since 12/07/06 and expired 12/07/08 but here is the real problem just before my card expired the immigration wrote me a letter stating that i have been added one more year to my green card meaning it expires 12/07/09 well i also got another letter from them asking me to go have my biometrics taken in Nashville and that was in November which i did...now someone help me, what is going to happen after 12/07/09 when this extra year added to my green card expires? Does it mean i will start filing for citizenship or get the 10year green card? Remember i came to the country thru a K1 fiance visa and am married to a USC

Thank you Davdah for taking the time to reply...yes we did file to remove conditions sometime last year around October and its shortly after that that the USCIS sent me a letter to go have my Biometrics taken.As far as paper work is concerned, we have done everything in a timely manna as requested by USCIS.Kindly let me know what could be happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smokey:
    Thank you Davdah for taking the time to reply...yes we did file to remove conditions sometime last year around October and its shortly after that that the USCIS sent me a letter to go have my Biometrics taken.As far as paper work is concerned, we have done everything in a timely manna as requested by USCIS.Kindly let me know what could be happening. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are Backed Up, Under Funded, Not very Organized. they more than likely are just giving themselves more time to Adapt and catch up. Listen to Davdah.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smokey:
    I came in the country (USA) Jan 2006 thru a K1 visa, married my fiance 15th/March/2006 before the 90days and are still together. We went thru every procedure as demanded by the immigration got my work permit and, SSN and also am a holder of a temporary permanent card that took effect since 12/07/06 and expired 12/07/08 but here is the real problem just before my card expired the immigration wrote me a letter stating that i have been added one more year to my green card meaning it expires 12/07/09 well i also got another letter from them asking me to go have my biometrics taken in Nashville and that was in November which i did...now someone help me, what is going to happen after 12/07/09 when this extra year added to my green card expires? Does it mean i will start filing for citizenship or get the 10year green card? Remember i came to the country thru a K1 fiance visa and am married to a USC </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You want to look at the processing times to see if your case is overage. Look at the different service centers where you filed the I-751. If it is beyond the petition time, then you need to make an onfo pass appointment.

If it has not been passed the time and your case is still pending as of December, 2009, then you will need to make an info pass appointment to obtain another "stamp." Hopefully, it owuld not take that long.

As for applying for citizenship, it would be based on the date of your first green card. 3 years from that date, you would be eligible to file citizenship. However, if your petition to remove conditions has not been removed yet, USCIS may want to wait on that process first.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

They will give you another year. Don't worry about this. They are just slow.

If you take infopass to your local USCIS office, normally they will give you another year extension by stamping I-551 on your passport.

You are allowed to travel overseas with the passport of I-551.