50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: child status protection act

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Child Status Protection Act apply to F4 (4th preference family-based petition)? My mother applied for green card through her brother, who is a U.S. citizen, in 1990. I was 13 so I was on the application too. Now the visa number will be available to us in couple of months but I've aged out. Am I protected under this act? Any information will be greated appreciated!

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Child Status Protection Act apply to F4 (4th preference family-based petition)? My mother applied for green card through her brother, who is a U.S. citizen, in 1990. I was 13 so I was on the application too. Now the visa number will be available to us in couple of months but I've aged out. Am I protected under this act? Any information will be greated appreciated!

Hi Guest,
    Yes you're qualified to get the green card the same time your mother gets her's but the law states you must apply within a year after the immigrant visa becomes available inorder to benefit so you need to act fast. I'm happy for you because its good news but I coulda've been much happier if the law had protected all children of permanent residents especially those that aged out of V VISA, its just so unfortunate they were intentionally left out by the intepretation of the law but I wish you good luck though (Guest) and remember you have to apply for the immigrant visa within a year that it becomes available inorder to become eligible. Take care and bye.

Hi, My parents are permenent resident of usa. My uncle filed for all of us my parents, me and my brother when we were under age of 21. now my parents are in usa for 2 years as permenent resident but we both are above 21 years of age. are we falling under child protection act and get green card.

Thank you.

Please clarify on how your parents became PR when your uncle had file for them? It seems to me that all of you were petitoned by your uncle and that all of your age including your parents are below 21.How come you were not included if your uncle has petition for you.I know uncles cannot petition for their nephews/nieces but that is the impression i get from you.You and your brother should now fall under your parents' petition, if they had filed for you.And if your parents filed petition when you were below 21, then that is the good news.