50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: TO MARIE

hi marie, you seem to know a lot about marriage to a usc,did you come here by marriage to a usc,did everything go okay.i know i shouldnt be nervous but with my husband overstaying his 1-94w i am afraid that i will lose him if we file the papers,i know i shouldnt be after the advice you give us but we didnt realise we was doing anything wrong and when you read some of these stories on here it sort of gets you worried if you know what i mean.
    thank you marie
    happily married but worried

hi marie, you seem to know a lot about marriage to a usc,did you come here by marriage to a usc,did everything go okay.i know i shouldnt be nervous but with my husband overstaying his 1-94w i am afraid that i will lose him if we file the papers,i know i shouldnt be after the advice you give us but we didnt realise we was doing anything wrong and when you read some of these stories on here it sort of gets you worried if you know what i mean.
    thank you marie
    happily married but worried

HI!

Yes I came here on a VWP. I couldn't leave, I couldn't bear being away from my sweetheart so we called our senator's office and they told us to get married and then file at the INS office. And that's exactly what we did.
    Coming on a VWP and getting married is NOT a problem IF you didn't know you were going to get married when you came here. It's illegal to come knowing you are going to get married on a VWP and then do it.
    Everything went great for us. Where is your husband from? I'm from France.
    The INS didn't bother us much. We filed, had our interview, got my green card.

You'll be fine unless there is something else that is worrying you like a criminal history or prior history with the INS. If there isn't, then you're fine!