free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: What will be?

Hello All:

I would like your suggestion or comments regarding a matter that might be serious immigration issues for my live-in boyfriend and father of my unborn child (due next month).

My boyfriend is Israeli and he married a woman the last month of 12/2005 and they lived together until he got his greencard 11/2006. He left with 2 weeks of getting greencard because his wife attacked him with scissor, they both have police report of domestic violence for the same date.

Now the wife is claiming immigration marriage fraud and she has contact USCIS with her complaint. My boyfriend filed for removal of conditions 11/2008, he claimed abuse by wife, however he was recently denied 05/2009, and USCIS requested a deferred inspection. What does this mean? He is currently going through divorce in court, wife is trying to annul marriage, and she gave the court documents of a U.S. Congressmen letter from USCIS withdrawing the petition for relative for my boyfriend. Divorce is not final.

In addition in 01/2009 his soon to be ex wife got him arrested for domestic violence and he spent several days in jail, but was release, and plead no contest but have a conviction for spousal abuse. We believe the wife has given this information to USCIS.

My boyfriend came to the U.S. in May 2005 on visitors visa and then married USC.

When his divorce is final we would like to get married, and we will have a USC child, can I marry him and apply for his adjustment of status as relative, eventhough he was recently denied based upon marriage.

Hello All:

I would like your suggestion or comments regarding a matter that might be serious immigration issues for my live-in boyfriend and father of my unborn child (due next month).

My boyfriend is Israeli and he married a woman the last month of 12/2005 and they lived together until he got his greencard 11/2006. He left with 2 weeks of getting greencard because his wife attacked him with scissor, they both have police report of domestic violence for the same date.

Now the wife is claiming immigration marriage fraud and she has contact USCIS with her complaint. My boyfriend filed for removal of conditions 11/2008, he claimed abuse by wife, however he was recently denied 05/2009, and USCIS requested a deferred inspection. What does this mean? He is currently going through divorce in court, wife is trying to annul marriage, and she gave the court documents of a U.S. Congressmen letter from USCIS withdrawing the petition for relative for my boyfriend. Divorce is not final.

In addition in 01/2009 his soon to be ex wife got him arrested for domestic violence and he spent several days in jail, but was release, and plead no contest but have a conviction for spousal abuse. We believe the wife has given this information to USCIS.

My boyfriend came to the U.S. in May 2005 on visitors visa and then married USC.

When his divorce is final we would like to get married, and we will have a USC child, can I marry him and apply for his adjustment of status as relative, eventhough he was recently denied based upon marriage.

First, from your post, you do not appear to be American. However, it appears that your BF was engaged in marriage fraud. I am curious as to what you call a deferred inspection. Where did you come up with that term? It has specific meaning in immigration law. If he was denied, there is no other action, other than his appeal.

The fact that he now has a conviction and the claim of him being the victim of domestic violence was rejected, then he is out of luck.

You being pregnant has little impact on this.

The last action by USCIS should have been a Notice To Appear. Did you get that?

Your only hope is to get married when the divorce is final, then claim that his deportation will have a serious adverse impact on you or your child.

You could also file a petition for him, but with the marriage fraud and the DV conviction, approval is not likely.

Someone12
    your boyfriend is a scumbag, a liar, a visa cheat, and you haven't got the brains of a seven week old walnut. This slimeball is using you; he's just a lowlife dirtbag who is trying every means possible to stay in MY country...I say deport this enema bag....
    hey Proud...another future employee for you???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    your boyfriend is a scumbag, a liar, a visa cheat, and you haven't got the brains of a seven week old walnut. This slimeball is using you; he's just a lowlife dirtbag who is trying every means possible to stay in MY country...I say deport this enema bag....
    hey Proud...another future employee for you??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I told you we're not hiring - pay attention.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    His current immigration case must be finished first before any other action can be taken. The fact he left so soon after getting the green card gives the presumption he married solely for immigration benefit. A deportable offense. The burden will be his to prove otherwise.

Since you are pregnant at 8 months and this DV occurred in less time it will be assumed he was carrying on an affair with you whilst staying with the wife for immigration benefit. This may subject him to what is referred to as crimes of moral turpitude.

The deferred inspection is being done for sake of a more thorough review of his circumstances. His status will be changed to paroled or incarcerated until the outcome can be determined. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My boyfriend and I met him in January 2008, I didnt meet him and I was not dating him during the time he was living with the ex.

What is DV? What will happen at the deferred inspection, what documents will be required? What is the status of being paroled? My boyfriend is no longer in jail, he was released after doing 11 days in jail earlier this year. Because of his conviction, can he appeal his immigration denial to the immigration court, or will this conviction prevent him from appealing the denial for his adjustment of status? Can USCIS arrest him? What should we do to prevent him being arrested by USCIS? If he is arrested how long can they hold him before he can see judge in immigration court. Can an attorney help us? My boyfriend will need to continue with his court case for divorce.