publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Citizenship in another state, husband files by himself! Amusing situation!

My husband and I have been separated for over 2 years. He is supposedly a contract professional for a well known company. He filed for citizenship in another state and has his citizenshp interview coming up. He has been living with a girl friend for some time. He has multiple addresses. He has requested that i fly to new york spend the night in a hotel and go with him to the interview! I guess I'm suppose to "look good". He has managed to visit every couple of months. But truly, I
    find this very amusing! He has said so many times, " I don't need you anymore and I can
    file by myself", so in my opinion, he needs to
    finish by himself.

Amused in new york.

My husband and I have been separated for over 2 years. He is supposedly a contract professional for a well known company. He filed for citizenship in another state and has his citizenshp interview coming up. He has been living with a girl friend for some time. He has multiple addresses. He has requested that i fly to new york spend the night in a hotel and go with him to the interview! I guess I'm suppose to "look good". He has managed to visit every couple of months. But truly, I
    find this very amusing! He has said so many times, " I don't need you anymore and I can
    file by myself", so in my opinion, he needs to
    finish by himself.

Amused in new york.

He might be right if it was based on 5yrs as a Permamant Resident. You say you have been separated for over 2yrs. Are you divorced or not?

If he applied on the basis of 3yrs married to a USC, he must show an ongoing, viable marriage to be successful for his Citizenship interview. Otherwise he can only apply on the 5yrs as a PR basis.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Your husband is probably applying under 4yrs and 9 monts from date on greencard. Just the fact that you have been seperated for 2 years implies that he has had the greencard for the required amount of time to apply.

In this case, as Brit points out... He doesnt need you.
    It doenst matter if you are divorced or not. His only downfall will be if he lied on the application or lies in interview.