free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 appointment

Hi,
    I filed the I-751 in Dec 08, USCIS got back to us asking for additional documents in June 09 - we mailed those in. And then nothing happened for more than 60 days, so I sent them a letter asking about my case. I just got a letter asking me to come for an appointment in our town with all the supporting documents.
    Do I bring all the ones I already mailed in (+ more bills etc.?)
    Is it pretty normal that they ask you for an interview for the Removal of the Conditional Residency?

Thank you for input,
    J.

Hi,
    I filed the I-751 in Dec 08, USCIS got back to us asking for additional documents in June 09 - we mailed those in. And then nothing happened for more than 60 days, so I sent them a letter asking about my case. I just got a letter asking me to come for an appointment in our town with all the supporting documents.
    Do I bring all the ones I already mailed in (+ more bills etc.?)
    Is it pretty normal that they ask you for an interview for the Removal of the Conditional Residency?

Thank you for input,
    J.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it pretty normal that they ask you for an interview for the Removal of the Conditional Residency? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    In most cases, yes.

Thank you for the quick reply. Also, maybe you will know answer to this question: the appointment was addressed only to me, is it okay if my husband comes, too? We thought that most likely it is in my name because I am the applicant and it's assumed that the US-citizen spouse comes along. It that correct?

Thankyou,
    J.

You both should go at interview. Take with you all evidences of your marriage and staying together such as joint lease, joint bank accounts and utilities bills, joint medical insurance, photographs, and joint income tax returns for last three years including year 2008 tax return, you both should have keys for your house or apartment and any other documents to prove your marriage. Good luck.

what do you mean "you both should go" lol

They both HAVE TO GO TOGETHER, there is no choice haha.I assume that was a mistype. To your I-751 interview, you both have to go,its not an option.If only one shows up,the interview does not even take place and the application is denied.
    Just to clarify that.Unless the i-751 is filed under the waiver.

Anyways,
    yes its normal u are asked to show up for the interview and its also very important,because your conditions are about to be removed and you are about to become fulltime resident.They wanna make sure before they hand you that, your marriage is indeed real.
    You think they'll just hand you a greencard and say "there you go"

And I assume you did not sent much of evidence since they asked for additional stuff. Usually thats big alarm, because reality is, you do not even have to sent any evidence in your i-751,just basic things. So they assume,its weird what they got.

Remember joint bills and what not is not enough. I always tell people,imagine you are the person viewing an application to determine,this marriage is for real,no question about it. Just bills? thats the easy part,any one can make joint accounts.

The real deal is pictures,pictures and more pictures...showing your dating period,your marriage/wedding period and during marriage period.
    Vacation pictures, family gathering pictures, brithdays, trips here and there pictures.
    Plane tickets receipts, Hotel receipts booked under both names....
    Loan under both names.
    Regular bills under the same name is also good,but thats something anyone can do,so therefore do not rely on joint bills that are silly and any scam marriage can do that.

But showing pictures from the ating period,engement period,wedding and after period, now thats something only a real bonafide couple can provide!

Actually- getting called for an interview for Removal of Conditions is not actually that "normal". The vast majority of people who apply are never interviewed and get the new card in the mail. Though this shouldn't make you worry, you are going in there to prove that your marriage is bona fide

I do agree with HBKHBK that pictures are very important- but the pictures shouldn't just be of yourself but should include family and friends as well- it needs to show that other people accept you as being married.

Life Insurance and Health Insurance are important if you are named each others' beneficiaries/dependents.

Did you include affidavits in the original 751 or response to the RFE? Affidavits from friends or co-workers that state that they believe yours to be a bona fide marriage and describe at least one specific events can be helpful. For example, "We all went out to eat on Jitka's birthday" or "We all went on a ski trip together."