50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: can you file an i 765 auth to work before other forms

My son (20) married a young lady from Poland (20) in October . She was here on a visitors Visa..she is past the date for her visitors time. She wants to file the I 765 ASAP, but I do no know if you hjave to file other (Familly Forms) first...
    What status would she fall under on the I 765????
    Thank you.

My son (20) married a young lady from Poland (20) in October . She was here on a visitors Visa..she is past the date for her visitors time. She wants to file the I 765 ASAP, but I do no know if you hjave to file other (Familly Forms) first...
    What status would she fall under on the I 765????
    Thank you.

Hi Carollyn and welcome to ILW

It would need to be filed in conjunction with an I-485 (Application to Adjust Status). Without that, she has no grounds under which to file for EAD and it would be denied.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

You should file all the forms for the application you are seeking at the same time. For AoS that would be I-130, I-485, I-765, G-325 and maybe I-131 (advance parole). If you don't, you will delay the processing for sure, even cause a denial as Aroha says. The downside is the cost to file them all at once!
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Everything Brit said is right but I wouldn't file the I-131 because she is now out of status. She should not travel outside the country until she gets her green card.

That is true Mrs Mani. Save the $$ on filing for AP because it won't work for her now.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Carollyn, take a look at this site for more information on the process. It should help answer any questions you and your son have on what needs to be done.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch