Peterson Stensrud for AILA Board of Governors Campaign Statement

by

Sarah K. Peterson Stensrud

One year ago I embarked on my journey to be elected as a Director to the AILA Board of Governor’s (BOG) because I wanted to effectuate transparency and contribute to the public policy debate on immigration reform.

As I reflect on the past nine months, I have taken small steps aimed to encourage open communication between AILA members and leadership. For example, on a local level I sent out emails to my Chapter encouraging members to bring to my attention issues for each upcoming BOG meeting. After the BOG meeting I sent an email summarizing the BOG’s discussions. After the midyear meeting I posted this summary email to the Message Center to reach a larger readership.

I have also worked hard to engage individuals from all aspects of AILA: local Chapter members, BOG Directors and AILA National Staff. My goal is to work collaboratively, think creatively, and ensure AILA is a flexible organization that both provides robust services to its members and is also a trusted voice in the Immigration Reform Debate.

I sincerely appreciate your consideration to extend my Directorship for three years as we work to ensure AILA is an organization that meets the needs of its diverse membership.

About The Author

http://www.aronsonimmigration.com/images/SStensrud_2012_118x165.jpgSarah K. Peterson Stensrud received a J.D. from the University of Minnesota Law School and a Master in Public Policy from the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.

Sarah focuses on employment based immigration, including non-immigrant and immigrant benefits, consular processing, and I-9 compliance and audits. Sarah has extensive experience working on Labor Certification Applications, National Interest Waivers. She is regularly invited to speak nationally and locally on immigration law.

Sarah currently is an Elected Director on the Board of Governors for the American Immigration Lawyers Assocation (AILA) and serves on the AILA Healthcare Professional Physicians Committee. She previously served on the AILA Nebraska Service Center Liaison Committe, is past Chair of the MN/Dakota Chapter of AILA, and was selected as one of Minnesota Lawyer's Up and Coming Attorneys for 2010.

The opinions expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the opinion of ILW.COM.