free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Card For N600

Ive read some concerning stuff online. that is that I would require a green card to qualify for the certificate of citizenship. And that would mean I'm screwed. As I said before I don't have a green card. And don't have anything except for a Social Security card that is not good for employment. So if anybody has any information please help me out. My entire existence depends on this.

Ive read some concerning stuff online. that is that I would require a green card to qualify for the certificate of citizenship. And that would mean I'm screwed. As I said before I don't have a green card. And don't have anything except for a Social Security card that is not good for employment. So if anybody has any information please help me out. My entire existence depends on this.

You need to be a legal resident prior to applying for citizenship. There aren't currently any exceptions to that rule.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

isn't the point that I was a citizen at birth.

What would be my options at this point?

from what i know, US born citizens who belong to non US citizen parents CAN claim citizenship on their 4th anniversary, and if u were born in US, so ofcourse u dont need GC, u a are already a Citizen! Congrts I will hire SOM, or Fed, or even Iperson to hand you in your Naturlization Certificate!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by inh:
    isn't the point that I was a citizen at birth.

What would be my options at this point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you might be confusing kids born by natural-born USC's and those by naturalized or adoptive parents. Seems there is a difference. For naturalized or adoptive parents you have to have been a LPR first but not with natural-born parents.

You might want to check with a good immigration lawyer to double check if you still qualify inh.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Will you please give some detail about your case...?
    N-600 is for Certificate of Citizenship...?
    Why you have a Social Security Card with INS note not valid for employent...this for mostly used for Students.or vistors..

I think you are born to US Father and Non Citizen Mother she still holds a has her status as LPR.
    If you are born in US you should have you birth certificate.
    If you were born outside of the US.
    Then you father must have Registered your birth with the US Embassy/Consulate and they must have issued a FS-240, Report of Birth of a Citizen. To proove that he had lived in US for the priod of 10 years if you were born before Nov. 14, 1986. after 11/14/1986 your father needs to proof five years and thats all...
    If you have all this information with you and if your birth was registered abroad then you mnust contact the Consular affairs , in U.S. Department of State Wash, D.C. to get your Consulat Report of birth....that will take care of all your problems.
    With best of Luck......

Original post

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/for...?r=74210558#74210558

I'am claiming citizenship threw my natural father. Who was born in the U.S. I have been in the U.S. all my life ,And yes N-600 is for a certificate of citizenship. About the social security card,all I know is my parents got it so I could get heath insurance and maybe tax stuff.

We proved the 5 and 10 year requirement, but this FS-240 I know nothing about. My father says he went in to the immigration offices at the border with his and my birth certificate but that all I was told.

I called USICS and they said I don't need a GC. The only reason they ask for applicants to bring there's in is so they can collected them once the certificate is given.

I have received great news from a very copidant Senior Attorney. That has set my heart at ease.And that is that I'm qualifying for U.S. citizenship under Section 301 of the Immigration & Nationality Act (automatic citizenship) and not under the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. And there is no requirement that the child obtain Lawful Permanent Residency (green card) to qualify under this section.

It's amazing how high and low a persons emotions can become in span of only 12 hrs.

Good news inh now go to the interview and come back with news of officially being a USC!
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."