free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY REPUBLICAN PARTY WILL BE DEFEATED IN FUTURE ELECTIONS

WHY REPUBLICAN PARTY WILL BE DEFEATED IN FUTURE ELECTIONS AND NEVER GAIN MAJORITY STATUS AGAIN

On this thread i would like readers to share their opinions and try to logically substantiate it by making a reasonable argument (i.e. demographics, politics, trends, past patterns , outcomes and etc.)

I am personally confident that Republican party will be irreversibly defeated as a political party in future.

I also think (as i maintained in all the years since i realised in 2004 where this whole thing is going to) that before Republican party is defeated by majority Democrat electorate there will be a period of extreme pro-Republican rein.

For example, Tea Party member may be elected the next President, millions of people may be burned alive at stakes and etc.

Now, please share your opinions and tell us why you think one or another way.

Thank you.

P.S. When i say "Republican" i don't mean the Real Republican Party , or REAL Republican leadership such as Administration of the current President.
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

WHY REPUBLICAN PARTY WILL BE DEFEATED IN FUTURE ELECTIONS AND NEVER GAIN MAJORITY STATUS AGAIN

On this thread i would like readers to share their opinions and try to logically substantiate it by making a reasonable argument (i.e. demographics, politics, trends, past patterns , outcomes and etc.)

I am personally confident that Republican party will be irreversibly defeated as a political party in future.

I also think (as i maintained in all the years since i realised in 2004 where this whole thing is going to) that before Republican party is defeated by majority Democrat electorate there will be a period of extreme pro-Republican rein.

For example, Tea Party member may be elected the next President, millions of people may be burned alive at stakes and etc.

Now, please share your opinions and tell us why you think one or another way.

Thank you.

P.S. When i say "Republican" i don't mean the Real Republican Party , or REAL Republican leadership such as Administration of the current President.

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Pendulum hasn't reached the point of return. Neither 2006 nor 2008 were beginning of loss for Republican party. If anything, it was a strategic and deliberate retreat that saved energy for further and deeper advances. As illustrated by events.

It is inevitable, necessiated by the laws of physics, that the full energy of body in the motion be released before it can come to complete stop. We haven't witnessed that yet.

But eventually it will happen, and on the other side the momentum will grow for counterpush.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldE:
    If anything, it was a strategic and deliberate retreat that saved energy for further and deeper advances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A deliberate retreat??? Sure if you think that the fraud perpetrated in the financial sector was deliberately aimed at ruining of the entire economy. If you think that the people who believe in unrestrained free market economy, deliberately sought to set the reset button on capitalism. If you think that the scorched earth approach to foreign policy was a deliberate attempt at destroying America on international stage.
    Then yeah, all of this was a strategic and deliberate retreat to save energy for further advances.
    Question is: where to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, both 2006 and 2008 were strategic retreats , where party that had enough resourses and energy to win decided not to utilize either.
    Why? Look at 2010 platform and election campaign and you will see why.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why do you never answer questions? What was the deliberate retreat designed to save energy for?
    You mean GOP was saving money for later campaigns, maybe because the wise investor knows not to invest when they know they are going to lose anyway?
    It's not all about money, you know. Politics is much more complex than that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why you inject your own statements and then argue with those as if i had anything to do with stating them ? ( like saying "It's not all about money, you know. Politics is much more complex than tha". Where did you see me saying it's all about money? Or where did you get an assumption that i don't know it is not all about money or that to me politics is an equivalent of a simple f a i r y tale?)

I will not answer your irrelevant questions. I know you are here to set up straw man arguments and that is enough for me to keep you at bay.

Don't spam further. Let other posters share their opinions.

I doubt the Republicans will die out and I'm sure we will see another Republican government at some time in the future. That said they do seem to have problems in the form of the Tea Partiers who appear to be attempting a takeover and move them further to the Right. If there's any reason why the Repubs won't win it's because of this. The majority of the electorate does not generally share extreme views and this mid term has seen quite a few Tea Party favorites win primaries who are definitely right of Right in their views.

Worse still (for them), the Tea Partiers insist on keeping it a loose grassroots organisation with no overall leader. This makes it much harder to tame but at the same time, difficult to galvanize as a legitimate third party which is why I think they are infiltrating the Republican Party. This seems to be proven by Michele Bachmann forming a Tea Party caucus within Congress. She claims it's a think tank but I think she's positioning herself to be an eventual leader of the new Republican Party. Since the Repubs still have no formal leader, there is a vacuum to be filled. The question is, who would vote for her in a general election and what happens to the moderate Republican voter?
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

The beginning of a Republican split?

Two outcomes seem possible from the mess in New York's 23rd District, where the Republican Party picked a relative moderate, and conservatives -- including Republican Party elders like Di-ck Cheney -- have rallied around an independent with more comfortably neanderthalic opinions. On the one hand, this could be the beginning of a split between the Tea Party/Glen Beck/Rush Limbaugh types and the Republican Party itself. On the other hand -- and this seems more likely -- it could persuade the Republican Party to support extremely conservative candidates, leaving them with weaker candidates come the 2010 general election. Neither outcome seems particularly good for the GOP's chances. When Newt Gingrich is trying to pull you back to the center, you've gone so far right that the average voter can't see you any longer.

Washingtonpost.com
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    I doubt the Republicans will die out and I'm sure we will see another Republican government at some time in the future. That said they do seem to have problems in the form of the Tea Partiers who appear to be attempting a takeover and move them further to the Right. If there's any reason why the Repubs won't win it's because of this. The majority of the electorate does not generally share extreme views and this mid term has seen quite a few Tea Party favorites win primaries who are definitely right of Right in their views.

Worse still (for them), the Tea Partiers insist on keeping it a loose grassroots organisation with no overall leader. This makes it much harder to tame but at the same time, difficult to galvanize as a legitimate third party which is why I think they are infiltrating the Republican Party. This seems to be proven by Michele Bachmann forming a Tea Party caucus within Congress. She claims it's a think tank but I think she's positioning herself to be an eventual leader of the new Republican Party. Since the Repubs still have no formal leader, there is a vacuum to be filled. The question is, who would vote for her in a general election and what happens to the moderate Republican voter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Republican strategists decided to gamble on numbers and use most passionately driven portion of electorate to win.
    They figured that if you are crazy about something chances are you won't sleep the night before election day and you won't go home until you cast a ballot. That's what starategists count on.

And how did they figure on what to put their stakes on? Well, this is not very difficult to do you just need proper electorate map and detailed picture of target auduience on it. You can then zoom in and zoom out and make fairly accurate projection what the chances of various candidates and platforms are this electoral season.

I haven't gone into statistical details, so there is a possibility that i am wrong, but i assume the strategists who created this oxymoron called Tea Party did the math and already figured out that they have numbers on their side. Therefore i expect them Tea Partiers to win this year and become a new symbol of what nowdays called "Republican" party.

However, i don't see how they will sustain in long term after such Pyrrhic victory.
    All long term factors are against the Republican party after short term gains.

I guess what they probably count on is that when time proper arrives they can simply d.ump these idiots whom they will use for short term gains and appeal to broader base once again.

What they don't consider is that there are some wounds that won't heal. And in the long run this impact will generate a counterforce momentum that will be unstoppable if you consider all the relevant factors.

I wouldn't be surprised to find Karl Rove behind the Tea Party movement. It's the kind of thing he'd do. I agree they are probably a flash in the pan movement though. If elected, I suspect they'll end up being no different than the incumbents the despise and probably be seeing the boot pretty quick.

What will these elected Tea Party candidates do if they reach Washington? I can't see for example, Sharron Angle gaining much influence in Congress. She claims she would veto any spending bills and axe half of the government. To do that you need to have enough influence and win over other members. I can't see her doing that somehow unless she abandons her strong anti-special interests views and goes with the flow.

Like it or not, special interests are and always will be present. I pick on her because of her statement saying it's not the job of a Senator to create jobs. So what is it? She says to create the climate so businesses will want to locate in NV. Doesn't that sound like special interests at work?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
    I wouldn't be surprised to find Karl Rove behind the Tea Party movement. It's the kind of thing he'd do. I agree they are probably a flash in the pan movement though. If elected, I suspect they'll end up being no different than the incumbents the despise and probably be seeing the boot pretty quick.

What will these elected Tea Party candidates do if they reach Washington? I can't see for example, Sharron Angle gaining much influence in Congress. She claims she would veto any spending bills and axe half of the government. To do that you need to have enough influence and win over other members. I can't see her doing that somehow unless she abandons her strong anti-special interests views and goes with the flow.

Like it or not, special interests are and always will be present. I pick on her because of her statement saying it's not the job of a Senator to create jobs. So what is it? She says to create the climate so businesses will want to locate in NV. Doesn't that sound like special interests at work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be Rove or some other strategist, doesn't matter who.

These candidates can do lots of things once in DC. And they don't necessarily have to win other members to their side. They will use exact same method in Congress that they used to get elected by voters. They will box in the opponents and thus force them to vote in favor of the measures they offer. There are many ways to do that. Look what is happening to the moderate Republican politicians already. Few crossed the party lines and others, to remain in their party, now scare bejesus out of everyone and take extreme positions to fend off Tea Party challengers. What do you think will they do when facing same challenge in Congress? Of course they will cave in because , truth is, Tea Partiers have scared bejesus out of them all already.

The good thing is these candidates won't stay in power for too long, eventually they will screw up everything too bad and get kicked out for good but will drag down, in the process, entire party with which people will associate them in future.