Comment: How Long A Wait? -

Visa Bulletin from the State Department and Border Wait Times from CBP are among the various government times you can find from our Processing Times page. Of course, you can also get the latest Priority Dates, and both Service Center and District Office Processing Times. We are pleased to announce that our Processing Times Page has be updated to include the USCIS National Processing Volumes and Trends. In addition to national trends for all forms, trends for the following forms are available: I-90, I-102, I-129 F, I-129, I-130 Imm Rel., I-130 Pref., I-131, I-140, I-360, I-485, I-526, I-539, I-600, I-751, I-765, I-817, I-821, I-824, I-829, I-914, I-918, N-400 Military, N-400 Non-Military, and N-600. Bookmark this useful page and have the information available at your fingertips!

Article: America’s Most Complicated Form Is Updated by Dawn Lurie and Catherine Risoleo

Blogging: CIVIC Works to Visit and Protect Detained Immigrants by Jason Dzubow

Blogging: Immigration Court Backlog Reaches New High by Matthew Kolken

Blogging: Republican Pro-Immigration Group Airs Ad in South Carolina by Greg Siskind

Blogging: Some Common Myths About H-1B by Roger Algase

News: CRS Report on Trafficking in Persons

Focus: Global Mobility Book

ILW.COM is pleased to announce a new book: Global Mobility: An Overview for Human Resource Professionals. The editor is Poorvi Chothani, and will include articles by Amit Acco, Enrique Arellano, Ted Badoux, Jacqueline R. Bart, Timur Beslangurov, Ruslan Bocancea, Marla Bojorge, Renuka Cavadini, Héctor Gabriel Celano, Poorvi Chothani, Zahida Ebrahim, Chisato Higashio, Frank S. Hong, Tsvi Kan-Tor, Catherine Lau, Gunther Mävers, Marco Mazzeschi, James Minamoto, Jacqueline Nyabwa, Russel L. Rodriguez, Sonal Sejpal, Maria Luisa Soter, Lozano A. Tan, Sithie Tiruchelvam, Karl Waheed, Jeremy A. Weber, and William F. White. The outline is as follows:

• Argentina by Héctor Gabriel Celano

• Australia by Jacqueline R. Bart

• Brazil by Maria Luisa Soter

• Canada by Jacqueline R. Bart

• The People's Republic Of China by Frank S. Hong

• France by Karl Waheed

• Germany by Gunther Mävers

• Hong Kong by Catherine Lau

• India by Poorvi Chothani

• Israel by Tsvi Kan-Tor and Amit Acco

• Italy by Marco Mazzeschi

• Japan by James Minamoto and Chisato Higashio

• Kenya by Sonal Sejpal and Jacqueline Nyabwa

• Mexico by Enrique Arellano

• The Netherlands by Ted Badoux

• The Philippines by Lozano A. Tan and Russel L. Rodriguez

• Romania by Ruslan Bocancea

• Russia by Timur Beslangurov

• South Africa by Zahida Ebrahim

• Spain by Marla Bojorge

• Sri Lanka by Sithie Tiruchelvam

• Switzerland by Renuka Cavadini

• Thailand by Jeremy A. Weber and William F. White

• United Kingdom by Poorvi Chothani

• United States of America by Poorvi Chothani

Pre-publication orders are now being accepted. For additional information, please see:

Online: http://www.ilw.com/books/globalmobility.shtm
By Fax: http://www.ilw.com/books/globalmobility.pdf

Headline: The Economic Case for Commonsense Immigration Reform Click here

Headline: Obama: Immigration Bill Helps House GOP Click here

Headline: Census Shows Immigration Helps, But 1 in 3 US Counties Still Dying Click here

Headline: New Supporters Help Juice Immigration Reform Negotiations: Lawmakers work across the aisle for viable proposal Click here

Headline: Napolitano: Obama 'urgently awaiting' bipartisan immigration draft Click here

Headline: Nursing homes want guest worker program in immigration bill Click here

Help Wanted: Immigration Paralegal

New York, NY - Downtown New York City firm is seeking a full-time, experienced, Spanish-speaking immigration paralegal. The ideal candidate will have 1+ years of immigration experience in preparing and assembling immigration packages to be submitted to USCIS for IV processes, with I-30 Alien Relative Petitions, I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, I-360 VAWA petitions, I-765, Employment Authorization, and I-140 Employment-Based petitions. Fluency in Spanish is essential; College degree preferred. Other qualifications include excellent writing and communication skills, proofing and reviewing applications and legal forms, ability to work independently or with supervision, ability to work well with Supervising Attorney. Punctuality and reliability are a must; references and background checks are needed. To apply, please email immigrationlawnyc@gmail.com.

Immigration Law Certificate

Classes offered both online and in-person. Master the complex and ever changing maze of immigration policies and regulations with the Immigration Law Studies Certificate Program offered by CUNY's School of Professional Studies. This graduate-level certificate program, consisting of (3) three-credit classes, offers students who complete it a comprehensive understanding of the laws, regulations, and processes surrounding the status of immigrants in the US, including family and employment-based immigration and deportation defense. It is designed for individuals working in law firms, companies, government agencies and nonprofit organizations where they interact with immigrants and immigrant legal concerns on a regular basis and would therefore benefit from greater knowledge of the laws and regulations surrounding immigration. For more information on class schedules, tuition and fees, course applications and to register,
see here

To place a classifieds ad in Immigration Daily, see here

To submit an article or a news item to Immigration Daily, write to editor@ilw.com. Follow ILW.COM on Twitter.

Letters of the Week: Richard Y, Gary Renick, Richard Yang

ComingsNGoings: Immigration Event

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security invites you to attend a free webinar on any one of these topics: Form I-9, E-Verify Overview, E-Verify for Existing Users, E-Verify for Federal Contractors, Self Check, and Employee Rights. There are a variety of dates and times for these webinars. For additional information, please visit dhs.gov/e-verify and select free webinar from the right sidebar.

An Important disclaimer! The information provided on this page is not legal advice. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and receipt by you does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Readers must not act upon any information without first seeking advice from a qualified attorney. Copyright 1995-2013 American Immigration LLC, ILW.COM. Send correspondence and articles to editor@ilw.com. Letters and articles may be edited and may be published and otherwise used in any medium. The views expressed in letters and articles do not necessarily represent the views of ILW.COM.

Publisher: Sam Udani ISSN: 1930-062X

Advisory Board: Jason Dzubow, Rami Fakhoury, Matthew Kolken,
Chris Musillo, Greg Siskind, Joel Stewart, Margaret Wong