free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: H-1 Visa application worries

All,

I am hoping that some of you may offer any comments on my situation. See below...

I was refused F-1 student visa in 1989 in Srilanka when I was a Srilankan national holding Srilankan passport. Few years ago, I had become UK national and now hold UK passport. I had traveled to the US few times under Visa Waiver Program on my UK passport. Both times I didn't declare about my prior visa refusal in Srilanka on the I-94W entry form.

Now I am planning to apply H-1 visa at the US embassy, London. In the DS-156 visa application form there is a question asking about any prior visa refusals. If I answer this correctly declaring my prior visa refusal in Srilanka, would there be any problem since I didn't declare this fact on I-94W form during my previous visits to the US? Else, If I don't declare this fact now, will I be found out of not disclosing correctly? How will it affect my visa application?

Will my past application data still available to the consul?

Thanks for all the comments.

All,

I am hoping that some of you may offer any comments on my situation. See below...

I was refused F-1 student visa in 1989 in Srilanka when I was a Srilankan national holding Srilankan passport. Few years ago, I had become UK national and now hold UK passport. I had traveled to the US few times under Visa Waiver Program on my UK passport. Both times I didn't declare about my prior visa refusal in Srilanka on the I-94W entry form.

Now I am planning to apply H-1 visa at the US embassy, London. In the DS-156 visa application form there is a question asking about any prior visa refusals. If I answer this correctly declaring my prior visa refusal in Srilanka, would there be any problem since I didn't declare this fact on I-94W form during my previous visits to the US? Else, If I don't declare this fact now, will I be found out of not disclosing correctly? How will it affect my visa application?

Will my past application data still available to the consul?

Thanks for all the comments.

Don't worry too much. Be honest and write the truth. People are denied everyday about certain visas to come into the USA. You must understand that there are quotas for visas. If you were denied because of a criminal record or something along those lines well that is in the past. Will that be a problem, maybe. Now you hold a U.K passport and they aren't easy to apply for either. As long as you meet the qualifications for the H1-B requirements then you will be fine. As there is also a quota for H1-B visas, I think they have lowered the numbers to 60000 per fiscal year, so get you paper work in quickly and state the truth on all application forms!

Good luck.

But if you were dishonest in the past will this catch up if you change your story now?

If you previously lied, then you gave 'wilful misrepresentation"

I think that can give you problems later...

I would double check with an american immigration lawyer.