50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: married and need help

My boyfriend and I just got married he is from honduras..i am a USC ..how do i go about filing for him to get his green card and to work legally? i have the papers i think i need,I-130,G-325A,I-485,I-864,I-765 is that correct and do i send them all together?Ifeel we can do this on our own without paying out the wazooo for a lawyer...please help me

My boyfriend and I just got married he is from honduras..i am a USC ..how do i go about filing for him to get his green card and to work legally? i have the papers i think i need,I-130,G-325A,I-485,I-864,I-765 is that correct and do i send them all together?Ifeel we can do this on our own without paying out the wazooo for a lawyer...please help me

Go the the INS website. THere you can find ALL the steps you need to take from filling out the forms to where to send them. It is a cumbersome process but it will save you quite a bit of money. Good luck.

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/LPRApplication.htm

You need the I693 too, medical exam.

Good luck to you and congratulations!

Just out of curiosity, how did he enter the US?

do i send all these papers together at the same time I-130,G-325a,I-864,I-765,I-693,and the I-485or do i wait till we have been married for 2 years and then send the I-485????

I have talked to people about this and we often wonder what to do. If your spouse is out of status, send it all NOW. He won't be able to work until you do. Then he'll get a conditional green card and then you can file to get those conditions removed 2 years after he gets his green card.
    If he has a visa, I really don't know. You could file it all together. I don't know if waiting would be advisable. Ask a lawyer

my husband did not come here legally ,he never had papers to be in the us only to work on the boats. If I file the papers now wouldn't it look like we did not have a true marriage since we only got married 3 weeks ago? and if i file all of those papers and pay the fees,i have to file again in 2 years the I-485 and pay the fee again? is that correct?

Check out this page:

http://www.ins.gov/graphics/howdoi/lpreligibility.htm#k

He may not be eligible to adjust his status.
    On the boats? Is that a crewman?

You probably need to talk to a lawyer to see if you can adjust his status or not.

And no, filing now wouldn't make it look like a sham marriage at all. Most people file their paperwork soon after they marry.

Definatly read that page.

i don't understand,do they ask you how you got here? And if he cannot adjust his status what does that mean? will he get deported?