free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waiting on Work visa

Went for my finger prints two weeks ago and am waiting on word from INS to come up to office for work papers. Question is: When they say RECEIPT of forms 30-60 days, I took it that it was from the date they get them, is this correct? We posted forms as my husband works long hours and we couldn't get up to INS office to leave them in. We know they got our forms April 18 as mail was certified. They never sent receipt till June 20. By our dates we are over processing time. Have we a case to argue this and go to INS? Does anyone know how long you wait form fingerprinting till called to INS? Thanks.

Went for my finger prints two weeks ago and am waiting on word from INS to come up to office for work papers. Question is: When they say RECEIPT of forms 30-60 days, I took it that it was from the date they get them, is this correct? We posted forms as my husband works long hours and we couldn't get up to INS office to leave them in. We know they got our forms April 18 as mail was certified. They never sent receipt till June 20. By our dates we are over processing time. Have we a case to argue this and go to INS? Does anyone know how long you wait form fingerprinting till called to INS? Thanks.

The processing time is after you get the receipt notice in the mail I think.

Don't argue with the INS, you're going to need them a lot in the next few years, don't start making a big deal now. Just be patient. You should get it soon. If you don't hear anything in the next 3 months, then you should find out what's going on.

Thanks, I looked up INS site and it says," from receipt of form", and helpline told me same.
    I am interested because it also says if it is over time I can get an interim work card. I am a teacher and there are so many jobs out there now. I am not going to argue ofcourse but am just trying to clarify what I have been told. It doesn't say date of receipt, to me but receipt, to them?

You may just want to go down there and find out when the date starts. I would think and I always took it as from the date on the letter they sent me.

Thanks. Been told so much that it can drive you crazy. Helpline are supposed to be sending me update but I may take your advice if I hear nothing and go to INS office and see. Being a teacher I went by the what they have written...
    "The service has 90 from the date of receipt of form 1-765 to process the application". I am quoting INS here and does this not mean from when they get it? I think it does.

The thing is, they may get it on X day but not open it and file it or whatever they do until Y day. I would go 90 days from the date on the letter they sent you.

I know but this is the time of the year when I could be getting a job as a teacher, have turned down so many and the helpline told me I should have work paper by the end of July so I am going by them and what the INS have said in their own words.
    I know they may not have opened it till May but even then the 90 days are up at the end of this week. Check sent to them cashed May 5th. I am stuborn that is my problem and I want to teach before school starts or I will not get any work for ages.

OK so I called HelpLIne today to clarify the 1-765 and processing time. I was told YES it is from time they recieve the application and that I should here at least by this week or next. They recieved April 18 and cashed check may 9 so I will wait till then.
    I can go to INS with receipt I have from mail and cashed check and asked for interim work permit but Helpline told me I should have it through before that has to happen. Fingers crossed everyone.

Letter came this morning from INS. To go to INS office for EAD. Hurrah.
    So two weeks actually from finger printing I heard and will get my work permit. Such a relief.

Good luck to everyone else out there.