50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: C1D and B1 Visa question ???

I have been to the US Embassy in London and applied for my C1D Visa as I am due to begin working on cruise ships soon. I have 3 questions.

1 - How long does the C1D visa usually take to process.

2 - My standard employment letter from the company stated I would need a B1 Visa as well as a C1D, this is so I can attend training for one week in Miami, i contacted the company and they told me that this is just written on all the letters as standard and because I am not paid for training I do not need the B1 Visa, is this accuarate.

3- Once my C1D visa comes through, do i still not to apply for the VWP online as would any british tourist going to the states . . or is the C1D sufficient.

Thanks.

I have been to the US Embassy in London and applied for my C1D Visa as I am due to begin working on cruise ships soon. I have 3 questions.

1 - How long does the C1D visa usually take to process.

2 - My standard employment letter from the company stated I would need a B1 Visa as well as a C1D, this is so I can attend training for one week in Miami, i contacted the company and they told me that this is just written on all the letters as standard and because I am not paid for training I do not need the B1 Visa, is this accuarate.

3- Once my C1D visa comes through, do i still not to apply for the VWP online as would any british tourist going to the states . . or is the C1D sufficient.

Thanks.

1. It doesn't matter. It will take the same amount of time of other non-immigrant visas.

2. You can enter the U.S. if you qualify for VWP as a WB (business visitor under VWP, not a WT (tourist visitor under VWP) classification for training in the U.S. It doesn't matter if you are paid for the training, but that you are not paid or employed in the U.S. during the training. I am certain you will be paid for that week of training, right?

3. You need to register as all VWP applicants for admission do.

Thanks, no I am not paid for the week of training. I am still waiting for the passport and visa to be sent back to me. The passport had to be courirerd to the embassy last Tuesday as the employment letter was insufficient. i hoping if all goes well it will be sent back to me sometime this week. i havent heard anything in the last week to say there was anything wrong with the new letter of employment.