50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: "Termination Of Conditional Resident Status" Advice

Hello everybody! Need a bit of advice please.

I was sent a letter today from the USCIS today entitled "Termination Of Conditional Resident Status" and am baffled as what next to do. My green card expired in October and I was saving up the money to renew it this month when I received this letter. I came to the United States to marry a Citizen and I am still married to her - in fact, we now have a 19 month old son together so as you can imagine we are both very worried about this situation and cannot afford for me to get deported since I am the only one working. If anybody has any advice that may help it would be very welcome, in the meantime I am contacting some pro bono lawyers. Thanks!

I was sent a letter today from the USCIS today entitled "Termination Of Conditional Resident Status" and am baffled as what next to do. My green card expired in October and I was saving up the money to renew it this month when I received this letter. I came to the United States to marry a Citizen and I am still married to her - in fact, we now have a 19 month old son together so as you can imagine we are both very worried about this situation and cannot afford for me to get deported since I am the only one working. If anybody has any advice that may help it would be very welcome, in the meantime I am contacting some pro bono lawyers. Thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atarizen:

I was sent a letter today from the USCIS today entitled "Termination Of Conditional Resident Status" and am baffled as what next to do. My green card expired in October and I was saving up the money to renew it this month when I received this letter. I came to the United States to marry a Citizen and I am still married to her - in fact, we now have a 19 month old son together so as you can imagine we are both very worried about this situation and cannot afford for me to get deported since I am the only one working. If anybody has any advice that may help it would be very welcome, in the meantime I am contacting some pro bono lawyers. Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You and your husband may still file a joint petition for I-751 if there is reasonable cause for the late filing. Generally, reasonable cause could either be financial or medical.

If there is no reasonable cause, then your husband will need to refile the adjustment of status AGAIN by filing Form I-130

Hope this helps
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Didn't you read the instructions you were given when you got conditional status? Man, we don't need more people like this. We should have an IQ test to immigrate.

@DAvdah

There is no EAD. The greencard was active, and The greencard is now expired.

Hello Atari
    You were not renewing anything. YOu were removing conditions that had been placed on your temporary greencard. This was explained to you at the first interview.

I will assume that you did not file timely removal of conditions form I-751 because of not having the money. YOu did not need a lawyer to file the I-751 as it is a very simple form to fill out.

If you need help to get the money for the filing, visit some social services programs and /or the catholic social services will sometimes file for reduced rate or free certain immigaration forms.. Try Salvation army for cash assistance or other programs that may be available to you. You are still responsible for the fee of the petition.

You will still be in removal proceedings and most likely your conditions will get removed before the IJ.

Another immigrant on welfare. We should enforce the support clauses of the law.

I can tell you were a whole slew of them live that are on welfare. And your right Federale the I-864 has never been enforced.

I've heard that from numerous immigration attorney's.