50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS interview- based on marriage

I recently had my AOS interview. The lady said she said she needed additional docs for proof. We have been married for 4 years and my husband became a citizen last month.
    We took out bank statement and car insurance, photoa, Marriage certifiate. She did not even want to see the photos or marriage cert. All she said she will mail us a letter requesting other docs.
    The thing we have been together under one roof for 2 years. Before that I was in H1B and I could not move with him to another state than I would become illlegal. I could not transfer my H1. We even thold her that but she was being such b**** . All we have is car insurance and tax papers. I have been here for 12 yrs, been legal and this is what I get. i did not see my parents for 5 years!! I thoulght I would travel as I get the Greencard
    Was the lady just being difficult or is this normal?
    Please HELP!!

I recently had my AOS interview. The lady said she said she needed additional docs for proof. We have been married for 4 years and my husband became a citizen last month.
    We took out bank statement and car insurance, photoa, Marriage certifiate. She did not even want to see the photos or marriage cert. All she said she will mail us a letter requesting other docs.
    The thing we have been together under one roof for 2 years. Before that I was in H1B and I could not move with him to another state than I would become illlegal. I could not transfer my H1. We even thold her that but she was being such b**** . All we have is car insurance and tax papers. I have been here for 12 yrs, been legal and this is what I get. i did not see my parents for 5 years!! I thoulght I would travel as I get the Greencard
    Was the lady just being difficult or is this normal?
    Please HELP!!

Bank statement and photos are not enough evidence. Photos don't prove bona fide marriage. Since you are both working, you should have brought employer letter for both of you, You should have brought 3rd party affidavits. A four year marriage should have some joint financials statements. I'm sorry, you just weren't ready to get a green card.

How about health insurance or life insurance? Lease or mortgage? credit card statements? proof that you live at the same address? electricity and gas bills?

Do you have evidence that you corresponded and visited each other while you were physically separated for 2 years? phone records, emails or plane/train tickets?

Anyone can go there with just bank statements and car insurance. Go through all the documents you have both accumulated over 4 years of marriage and think, "How do i convince someone who has never met me that I am happily married.?"

I really appreciate all the information. I am not employed now. he paid for my tuition for the last two years. We don;t have any joint financial. I have been his dependant. We showed that we live at the same address.
    What are thrd party Affadavits?

Will tax papers work. We filed jointly from tax year 2005

If he was paying your tuition, do you have evidence of that? That he cut the check, etc.? Was he listed as your emergency contact person with the university? Get that record from the school.

Tax returns are definitely important.

Third party affidavits are affidavits from friends and family that can attest to the fact taht you are married and that it is a bona fide marriage. The affidavit should include contact information, how he or she knows both of you and should mention at least one specific event or something that was shared by everyone.

So you were married for four years, but not living together?

Sounds like USCIS will deny based on that.