50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Pls. help clarify AOS/GC process

I hope someone from experience/knowledge can help me out here...

I'm getting ready to file I-485 AOS. I understand that the general process would be upon initial AOS interview, and if passed, a conditional GC will be issued whereby after a period of time I will have to apply to get the conditions removed.

Now, what is the deal with the GC issuance concerning the 2nd yr wedding anniversary? From what I've been reading here, is it true that if an interview date has been set that surpasses the 2nd wedding anniversary, and if passed, an UNconditional GC will be given?

I also heard that your wedding anniversary doesn't matter, since it all depends on when INS receives and officially files your AOS filing. I'm confused. Thanks for your time.

I hope someone from experience/knowledge can help me out here...

I'm getting ready to file I-485 AOS. I understand that the general process would be upon initial AOS interview, and if passed, a conditional GC will be issued whereby after a period of time I will have to apply to get the conditions removed.

Now, what is the deal with the GC issuance concerning the 2nd yr wedding anniversary? From what I've been reading here, is it true that if an interview date has been set that surpasses the 2nd wedding anniversary, and if passed, an UNconditional GC will be given?

I also heard that your wedding anniversary doesn't matter, since it all depends on when INS receives and officially files your AOS filing. I'm confused. Thanks for your time.

This is the deal:

If your interview happens after your second anniversary, you are issued the 10 year green card straight away.

If it's before your 2nd anniversary, you are issued a conditional green card for 2 years. After the 2 years, before your card expires, you have to file to have those conditions removed. Then you are issued the 10 year green card.

Does that clarify it?

Yes thank you very much for clarifying Marie! Gosh, you're so knowledgable!

Been through it...

i have a question marie., I was interview last year with my daughter was 7 back then and my husband. at the my first AOS interview they told me that she cant decide yet because my security clearance was pending. I went to immigration and check my status and told me that still pending and i came back a nice immigration officer took the time and check my paper work and found out that my figerprint was sent twice and the first fingerprint was approved 3 months after my interview. since it was sent twice the system keep on showing pending and I print the document and sent it to his supervisor and sent a letter to FBI asking them to remove the second one so that my paper work will proceed. after 20 months of my first interview I received a letter again for me and my daughter to have a interview for my I-130 petition by my husband and the letter for my daughter and me have different date. It that means that they can still deny it for info they are still asking for same document from the first interview. this happenned her in san francisco. thanks

if anybody can help me with this one!!! thanks