50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facing Deportation because of having married someone with a ***-OFFENDER STATUS

HELP!!!! My daughter-in-law's green card application was recently denied and she faces deportation to Germany. Her original green card was filed under her parents (as a dependent of them), but now their renewal green cards have been recently denied due to their business financial problems. So my daughter-in-law filed for her own green card under her husband of almost 4 years. The problem is: Her husband (my son) has a ***-OFFENDER STATUS...and her green card application has been denied because of that fact. (My son had made some poor choices back in 2001 during a deep depression while separated from his first wife/ He had a brief relationship with an underage girl and her mother charged him with statuatory 'rape'.) My son got 5 years probation, which he has finished serving with no problems, and has since reformed himself through much Bible study and is now a well-respected person in this community. He is NOT a 'threat' to anyone, but is being treated as such! He is having a letter written from his Counselor from when he went through professional therapy, but that's all we will have to send in as proof of his rehabilitation. It is now my son's prior labeling of being a '***-OFFENDER' that is causing so much trouble with my daughter-in-law's application for her own green card. We love our daughter-in-law very much and she and my son are very happy. They cannot afford an attorney. Do you think they will need one? Do you think it would help if any personal 'letters of character reference' were sent? Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you... PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP???

HELP!!!! My daughter-in-law's green card application was recently denied and she faces deportation to Germany. Her original green card was filed under her parents (as a dependent of them), but now their renewal green cards have been recently denied due to their business financial problems. So my daughter-in-law filed for her own green card under her husband of almost 4 years. The problem is: Her husband (my son) has a ***-OFFENDER STATUS...and her green card application has been denied because of that fact. (My son had made some poor choices back in 2001 during a deep depression while separated from his first wife/ He had a brief relationship with an underage girl and her mother charged him with statuatory 'rape'.) My son got 5 years probation, which he has finished serving with no problems, and has since reformed himself through much Bible study and is now a well-respected person in this community. He is NOT a 'threat' to anyone, but is being treated as such! He is having a letter written from his Counselor from when he went through professional therapy, but that's all we will have to send in as proof of his rehabilitation. It is now my son's prior labeling of being a '***-OFFENDER' that is causing so much trouble with my daughter-in-law's application for her own green card. We love our daughter-in-law very much and she and my son are very happy. They cannot afford an attorney. Do you think they will need one? Do you think it would help if any personal 'letters of character reference' were sent? Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you... PLEASE, CAN ANYONE HELP???

A green card cannot be denied because the sponsoring US citizen has a criminal record. There must be another reason, like the USCIS believes that the marriage is fraudulent.

Sounds more like the denial was because of late filing for AoS than anything else. 4yrs is a long time to wait unless there are good reasons why.

A USC s-e-x-offender status (current or past) wouldn't affect the GC application.
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Did your son show you the actual denial letter? I am curious about the reason for denial, because it shouldn't have anything to do with your son's criminal past. I agree with the others here. Has to be another reason.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    A green card cannot be denied because the sponsoring US citizen has a criminal record. There must be another reason, like the USCIS believes that the marriage is fraudulent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing when I read it first. How can the service deny her if she has not criminal record but he does? That doesn't make sense.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Scratching Chin Emoticon.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

The only impact of the s e x offender status is that USCIS would be very suspicious of the marriage, thinking that the offender was paid to engage in the marriage.

My daughter-in-law doesn't have a PC, so I will print out all these replies and give them to her. She may need to recheck things with her parents on their immigration application complications, etc. All I know is: When she and my son got married in 2005, they didn't have the money for her to apply for a green card under her husband, so she kept things going under her parents. They've had a very hard time making ends meet because of my son trying to pay his child support (for my two grandchildren). I don't understand all this immigration stuff...I'm just trying to help them
    as best I can. My son and my daughter-in-law are in a REAL MARRIAGE, for better or worse, 'til death do they part, loving and honoring one another--the whole bit! I've been there around them the whole time they dated and at their lovely wedding. I don't they'll have a hard time proving that they love each other deeply, if they 'have' to. I'm very close to both of them, and my son pursued HER, not the other way around. They even lived together for over a year before they got married...it was ME that encouraged them to tie the knot, (so that God would bless them properly), and it was around that time when they both started studying the Bible. They got married in order to do the right thing by God, period. And since that time, they have been blessed spiritually and have progressed as Bible students and have become teachers of the Bible, as well. But now, they have this immigration thing hanging over their heads, and it is very upsetting, as he woud not be allowed to leave the country with her, due to the child support arrearages he's currently trying to pay off. And they certainly don't want to be pulled apart....he cannot get a passport, and she wouldn't be allowed to come back into the country if she gets deported, we're afraid. It's a horrible pickle they're in! Does anyone out there know what they should do??? They only have a few weeks to supply documentation concerning his rehabilitation status. I HAVE seen the letter, and it DOES sound to me like THAT'S the reason her application is being denied. So I don't understand why everyone is saying that it can't be his ***-offender status.
    Please continue posting your replies, as this is the only help we've got to go on, at the moment. Thank you!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    ... It wouldn't be based on a business failure. There is no removal of conditions on non-family GC's.

... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi! Not so quick, partner. Please check Form I-829.