Bloggings on Immigration Law and Policy

by

Greg Siskind

Romney - DACA Applicants Safe For Two Years

Mitt Romney is walking a fine line right now. He's now promised that DACA applicants will not have their approvals revoked. He's not making any promises on extending the program and is only guaranteeing he'll push through immigration reform. This sounds like it means a smooth transition for DACA applicants. But what does he include in immigration reform? He has said he is against any form of amnesty and would veto the DREAM Act. And even if his reform proposal was like George W. Bush's, what if it doesn't pass? Then what? Silence from the Romney camp.

Note: I'm speaking at a conference in Ireland this week so am blogging via my phone and tablet. So please excuse my having to paste links rather than embedding them. And hat tip to AV for the link. 

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2012/10/03/mitt-romney-campaign-says-would-not-continue-deferred-action-program-after/#ixzz28L6jogLk

About The Author

Greg Siskind is a partner in Siskind Susser's Memphis, Tennessee, office. After graduating magna cum laude from Vanderbilt University, he received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Chicago. Mr. Siskind is a member of AILA, a board member of the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society, and a member of the ABA, where he serves on the LPM Publishing Board as Marketing Vice Chairman. He is the author of several books, including the J Visa Guidebook and The Lawyer's Guide to Marketing on the Internet. Mr. Siskind practices all areas of immigration law, specializing in immigration matters of the health care and technology industries. He can be reached by email at gsiskind@visalaw.com.

The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) alone and should not be imputed to ILW.COM.