free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: re-entry permit

just want to ask if ever im going to continue my studies in my home countsry, can i ask for a 2 year re-entry permit?.

im a PR and i have already stayed in the US for 2 1/2 years can i stay out side the US for morethan 1year. and be able to apply for naturalization after 2 1/2 years.

am i eligible to apply for N-470?

tnx in advance GOD BLESS US ALL !

just want to ask if ever im going to continue my studies in my home countsry, can i ask for a 2 year re-entry permit?.

im a PR and i have already stayed in the US for 2 1/2 years can i stay out side the US for morethan 1year. and be able to apply for naturalization after 2 1/2 years.

am i eligible to apply for N-470?

tnx in advance GOD BLESS US ALL !

Any time outside the U.S. is subtracted from your time in the U.S. and recent periods outside the U.S. such as 2 year or 1 year trips negate the approvability of your naturalization application.

It is also counted backwards from the time you apply, then again from the time at interview, then again afterwards.

Half the time must be spent in the US..so becareful on timeframe, not just amount of days etc.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

tin: First of all you should be accepted by the School in your home country, Once they send you aletter you can take an INFOPASS appointment and ask the Immigration Officer. In past it was allowed. I have not seen any changes in this law so far...
    What do you want to study in your home country...?

Since you have leaved in this Country for
    2 1/2years before you depart fill out form
    N-470 Then you will need only 2years and three months. to file for your Citizenship.

tnx for the info guys. i really appreciate it.

No chance of a re-entry permit for you. Casual education overseas long after admission as an lpr is not allowed.

N-470 is used for employment based absence and not educational. There do not even try to spend 300 plus dollar on N-470.

USCIS Form N-470 is used to preseve residence requirment for Natuarlization.

You required five years less 90 days for you to file N-400 for your Naturlization.
    IN case you want to Travel out side of the United States.
    You will need a Re-Entry Permit and that will be valid for two years from the date of issue.
    Before you apply for the Permit to Re-Enter the United States, you need to find out from the USCIS office what are the reqiremnt to grant you a re-entery permit...

Kumar:

Re-entry permit and N-470 have noting to do with each other. Students going abroad are not eligible to file N-470. However, they can apply for re-entry permit which is valid for two years.