50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This land is your land....this land is my land...!

I've just finished watching the movie "Food Inc." First it had me disgusted, then frightened and lastly it had me delighted.

You've got to watch that movie. You'll stop wondering about many things.

http://www.takepart.com/foodinc
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I've just finished watching the movie "Food Inc." First it had me disgusted, then frightened and lastly it had me delighted.

http://www.takepart.com/foodinc
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

http://www.takepart.com/foodinc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, and before I forget, it also contains a very interesting segment on immigration.

Dear friend Kollerkrot, is the movie worth watching I have heard from few friends also... please suggest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott J:
    Dear friend Kollerkrot, is the movie worth watching I have heard from few friends also... please suggest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It sure is. Factory farming has got to stop. The entire food production is controlled by 4-5 corporations. Tyson, Purdue, Cargill, Smithfield and Monsanto. They control the farmers and their lobbyists control USDA. These corporation control what the farmers race, what the grow, and how the grow and race it. If the farmers don't do what they say, they get sued. These corporations don't give a **** for you or any animal.

The production of food is held at extremely low cost. The animals (cattle in this example) are fed corn, which they cannot digest, because they haven't evolved to digest corn - so in the process the e coli virus is created and excreted. These animals are standing knee-high in their own feces every day. But don't despair, the corporations do in order to protect YOU (or was it their own interest?) pump the cattle full of antibiotics as a preventive measure for that industry's self-created problem and for the event that the e coli virus should get mixed up in the production ever again, they make sure to wash your meats in an ammonia solution before it is packed and send to the stores.

Bon Appetite!

I am angry as hell.

I have dogs, right. I love my dogs and sometimes I joke around to my neighbors telling them that my dogs eat better than me. Now I know they have been eating better than me. I have stopped buying commercial dog food for my dogs many years ago, because of the corn and the grains in it. The dogs digestive system, as per DNA is still the same as that of the wolf. One would never find a wolf in a corn field saying, hmmm yummy!

The commercial dog food industry started blooming after the war and so did the diseases in our domesticated dogs. The wild roaming Dingo, a canine of domestic stock never showed any of these diseases. I stopped the commercial dog food, because USDA didn't regulate what was put in it. It only regulated what it had to contain as far as nutrients, i.e. proteins, fats, etc.

When it came to light that the commercial dog food industry, which are for the most part off-shoots of the larger human food corporations used e.g. chicken beaks, feet, and feathers, roadkill, diseased farm and circus animals as well as other animals euthanized due to sickness to provide that 21% minimum protein. The fibers it listed is very often the hulls of corn or other grains which is sprayed and soaked with insecticides and mostly waste of the human food industry. That was too much for me.

My dogs eat healthy, they have no allergies, their coat reflects the moonlight at night and they hardly ever shed and if they do it's only seasonal and short term.

Now, after watching that movie, I know for sure they have been eating better than I have. I, as well as them shall never eat another non-free-range, non-organically gown food ever.

Why didn't I make the connection earlier.

With all the disgusting things I've read about food lately, I think I'm going vegan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    With all the disgusting things I've read about food lately, I think I'm going vegan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proud, you don't have to go vegan if you like meats. I like meats, but from now on I only buy free-range and grass fed meats. I've been supporting the Humane Society for many years for the animal rights aspect of the factory farming issue which causes the farmers to confine animals so they grow faster. What I didn't know was that it is actually the corporations that mandate the farmers to do so. The (regular) chicken, beef and pork one buys in the grocery store comes from these factory farms. You can buy fresh locally and humanly, thus healthy grown meats. Whole Foods or Trader Joe's are stores where you can buy such fresh locally grown meats and produce.

If you ever go to one of these stores, you can see with your own eyes that these meats are healthy. They look and taste so much better than what you get elsewhere. The prices are still a little higher, but I think the more people wake up and buy from such producers it will eventually regulate, normalize and bring down the prices.

For eating out, Chipotle Restaurant is the place to go to. Their motto is: Hear no evil, ingest no evil. I hope you have one in your area.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    With all the disgusting things I've read about food lately, I think I'm going vegan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proud, you don't have to go vegan if you like meats. I like meats, but from now on I only buy free-range and grass fed meats. I've been supporting the Humane Society for many years for the animal rights aspect of the factory farming issue which causes the farmers to confine animals so they grow faster. What I didn't know was that it is actually the corporations that mandate the farmers to do so. The (regular) chicken, beef and pork one buys in the grocery store comes from these factory farms. You can buy fresh locally and humanly, thus healthy grown meats. Whole Foods or Trader Joe's are stores where you can buy such fresh locally grown meats and produce.

If you ever go to one of these stores, you can see with your own eyes that these meats are healthy. They look and taste so much better than what you get elsewhere. The prices are still a little higher, but I think the more people wake up and buy from such producers it will eventually regulate, normalize and bring down the prices.

For eating out, Chipotle Restaurant is the place to go to. Their motto is: Hear no evil, ingest no evil. I hope you have one in your area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Koller. I'm less of a meat fan than I used to be and I could probably eliminate it from my diet without missing it very much. And my whole family loves Chipoltle!! We eat there at least once a week.

I like Baha Fresh too. I didn't know they shut down since I haven't been for awhile.

My biggest beef (lol, excuse the pun) is the manner in which they sell ground beef at many of the grocery stores. It is vacuum sealed with an expiration date that is about two weeks out. That tells me it is full of preservatives which I don't like. I bought a package by mistake one time and had to toss it. I couldn't get past the nasty smell. So, when I want to use ground beef for tacos or chili, I have the butcher grind a roast for me. It's usually more expensive, but at least we can eat it!

Since I broke my arm, I've done very little cooking. That's one way to save on groceries - lol!!