free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aiding and Abeting statue

If someone aided and abetted their sister to the United States on 12-01 and applied for citizenship on 11-05 and the error is caught now in 2009 has the six year statue of limitations run out or is it even against the law to aid a sister into the U.S. illegally

If someone aided and abetted their sister to the United States on 12-01 and applied for citizenship on 11-05 and the error is caught now in 2009 has the six year statue of limitations run out or is it even against the law to aid a sister into the U.S. illegally

But I've heard from several immigrations lawyers that family (which sister would be considered) can get a waiver. She entered the country in Dec 2001 illegally and in divorce papers June 2008 x husband's attorney stated that "he did pay back $5,000.00 of the loan to bring his sister to the United States." There is a six year statue of limitation on aiding and abeting. But time he filed the N-400 the six year statue had not gone into effect. He applied for citizenship 11/29/07 and received citizenship on 5/27/07. What are the changes he will be held accountable?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robin Horton:
    But I've heard from several immigrations lawyers that family (which sister would be considered) can get a waiver. She entered the country in Dec 2001 illegally and in divorce papers June 2008 x husband's attorney stated that "he did pay back $5,000.00 of the loan to bring his sister to the United States." There is a six year statue of limitation on aiding and abeting. But time he filed the N-400 the six year statue had not gone into effect. He applied for citizenship 11/29/07 and received citizenship on 5/27/07. What are the changes he will be held accountable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Robin,
    You are going to need to be more specific about how she entered illegally. For instance, a valid visa, but she overstayed, or did he send money to her and arranged a coyote to smuggle her across. The latter is more serious and congruent to aiding and abetting than the first. And the first can get a waiver depending on facts and circumstances related to her situation, not his.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Dec of 2001, yes right after 9/11. His sister used fraudulent paperwork to enter Toronto, Canada. Many of you seem very intelligent so you will understand that back then Canada had an open door policy. She flushed her documents, which were fraudulent in the airplane toilet. Canada made her sign something not sure all the details, I am not proficient in Punjabi but have learned to understand alot of it. Canada then paid for a taxi to take her to a local Sikh shelter. Canada allows the immigrant who enters illegally to register with the government within 30 days for some type of status. She has a cousin who owns a restaurant there in Toronto pick her up from the church. Few days later her Aunt and Uncle in NYC drove across the border with their daughter's passport, who is same age and brought her in via car as their daughter. My x in a letter from his attorney stated that he did "repay $5,000.00 of the loan taken to bring his sister to the United States." I didn't even know this happened until a month after she had arrived. I had been working with the State Dept to get her here legally based on the family cirumstances. Months later my then husband informed me each month that I needed to send a check for $1,000.00 to pay back the loan. This is all the details I know

Oops typo he applied for citizenship on 11/29/05. Sorry for the typo I am tired. Respect that fact that i have been in court, working with legislators, raising a sickly child, and trying to help my daughter cope with what her step-father did to her. Our relationship will never be the same.

Waiver only for spouse or child. Siblings you are out of luck. Now you are going to jail or getting deported.

Congratulations.

Federale86, no I was told by an immigrations attorney in Phiiadelphia and Ca that aiding his sister is not punishable. If you can tell me the regulations I would greatly appreciate it.

The waiver in exclusion/deportation administrative charges are for spouses, parents, and children. Not siblings. There are no exemptions for criminal charges for making false statements.

Federale so it is because he lied on the N-400 about it that makes it possible for them to charge him and possibly depoet. From all you have heard and read be honest what are the chances of them deporting him? Why would ICE be going to India if the documents are here in KY I talked to my Congressmand and Senator today and we don't know why and ICE can't tell them either. So what for then? Any ideas? I owe you a HUGE HUG!! friendly one of course but he did lie on the government forms for the mortgage and title too. I know the owner well and called him and asked him to check.. He became a citizen May 2007 but mortgage and title search documents which both required him to identify his status he put citizen and caucasion, lol. He is Indian Sorry I spell badly but I am stressed and tired. His attorney hit me with something else crazy tonight and I am so tired of going to court. I just want one court date in before a Federal Judge. Federale86, one final question if you can answer please tell me if for any reason they don't get him this time can he go before another Federal Judge or is it like murder where double jeopardy is not allowed. I question how bright PA anything to do with the judicial systme is Again thank you, Sounds simple but from the bottom of my heart thank you for all your advice and sharing your knowledge with me and others like me in need of help