Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Application through marriage submission

Application through marriage submission

Hello,

I've recently married a US Citizen and I am compiling the information all the forms and information required by the USCIS but I still have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with.

1st- Do I have to submit the forms by mail or can I submit them on my local USCIS office (I live in San Francisco)?

2nd- Can I submit the I-130 and the I-485 together or do I have to wait for the I-130 approval to submit the I-485?

3rd- My B2 visitor visa will likely expire while we wait for the approval of the paperwork, is this an issue?

Thank you for your help

1 by mail only--read and follow the form instructions

2 concurrently filing is the BEST and most practical (also include the I-131 and I-765 as well as all the things required and asked for in the instructions)

3 as long as you made a lawful entry with an actual visa (NOT Visa Waiver Program) it can expire even before you file anything at all when filing as an "Immediate Relative" (IR) of a USC (that's what a spouse is).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Whalen View Post
    1 by mail only--read and follow the form instructions

2 concurrently filing is the BEST and most practical (also include the I-131 and I-765 as well as all the things required and asked for in the instructions)

3 as long as you made a lawful entry with an actual visa (NOT Visa Waiver Program) it can expire even before you file anything at all when filing as an "Immediate Relative" (IR) of a USC (that's what a spouse is).
    Thank you Joe,

I forgot to mention that I've entered the country with a B1/B2 Visitor Visa and being so I'm not sure of which option of the I 485 on the Part 2 should I choose. I believe it should be option H Other eligibility basis and explain that I've entered with a B1/B2 and married a US citizen while here.

Must say that our intentions weren't getting married when I first came in here, and that I understand that I will also have to prove that fact to the USCIS.

Thank you