free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greencard based on Asylum Question

I have a greencard based on asylum. Do I need permission to travel outside the US? I-131 instructions on http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf seem to indicate that I need a permission. Am I correct?

I have a greencard based on asylum. Do I need permission to travel outside the US? I-131 instructions on http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf seem to indicate that I need a permission. Am I correct?

No, but if you go back to the country you fraudulently claimed asylum from you will loose your status.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    No, but if you go back to the country you fraudulently claimed asylum from you will loose your status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but can you qualify your statement that I fraudulently claimed my asylum?

Schicco,

with all due respect, dont pay attention to Federale86 comments, this scum just got out of jail on the intention of coming back soon, so in away or another, time for this Piece of JuuuuunK to be expired is DUE

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schicco:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    No, but if you go back to the country you fraudulently claimed asylum from you will loose your status. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but can you qualify your statement that I fraudulently claimed my asylum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schicco:
    I have a greencard based on asylum. Do I need permission to travel outside the US? I-131 instructions on http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf seem to indicate that I need a permission. Am I correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.kateraynor.com/faq.html#t1

Travel
    What documents does a refugee or asylee need to travel outside the US?

A refugee or asylee needs a Refugee Travel Document for travel outside the United States. Use form I-131 to apply for a Refugee Travel Document. A refugee or asylee who travels outside the US without a Refugee Travel Document might not be allowed to re-enter the US.

I have a Greencard obtained via asylum. I thought when someone obtains a Greencard, he doesn't need a refugee travel document. But this link under "Refugee Travel Documents" says I need a refugee travel document; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/si...CM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hi Schicco,

The link you provided clearly states an asylee requires a Refugee Travel Document, green card or not. And, if you were granted asylee status after 1997, you are not supposed to go back to the country which you applied for asylee status from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Schicco,

The link you provided clearly states an asylee requires a Refugee Travel Document, green card or not. And, if you were granted asylee status after 1997, you are not supposed to go back to the country which you applied for asylee status from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it! Thanks.

Because you were obviously planning to go back to the country you said you were afraid to live in. That is why.

Ambercombie, you are a moron. You know nothing about the real world and asylum fraud in particular.

And, by the way, an asylee and refugee before they get a green card use the Refugee and Aslyee Travel Document. After they get their green card they use a Re-entry Permit.