publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 NOA & Classification File Number Codes???

Can anyone direct me to something that would "define " the classification file number codes on an NOA for an I-130 application.

I just received an NOA for my new spouse and her classification file code was listed as 201(b).

I just want to make certain she's coded correctly.

Appreciate ALL Help.

Can anyone direct me to something that would "define " the classification file number codes on an NOA for an I-130 application.

I just received an NOA for my new spouse and her classification file code was listed as 201(b).

I just want to make certain she's coded correctly.

Appreciate ALL Help.

Yes the classication code is correct.

what does the classification codes mean

Here's a portion of the INA:

Section 201(b) Aliens Not Subject to Direct Numerical Limitations. - Aliens described in this subsection, who are not subject to the worldwide levels or numerical limitations of subsection (a), are as follows:
    (1)(A) Special immigrants described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of section 101(a)(27).
    (B) Aliens who are admitted under section 207 or whose status is adjusted under section 209.
    (C) Aliens whose status is adjusted to permanent residence under section 210, or 245A.
    (D) Aliens whose removal is canceled under section 240A(a).
    (E) Aliens provided permanent resident status under section 249.
    2)(A)(i) Immediate relatives. - For purposes of this subsection, the term ``immediate relatives'' means the children, spouses, and parents of a citizen of the United States, except that, in the case of parents, such citizens shall be at least 21 years of age. In the case of an alien who was the spouse of a citizen of the United States for at least 2 years at the time of the citizen's death and was not legally separated from the citizen at the time of the citizen's death, the alien (and each child of the alien) shall be considered, for purposes of this subsection, to remain an immediate relative after the date of the citizen's death but only if the spouse files a petition under section 204(a)(1)(A)(ii) within 2 years after such date and only until the date the spouse remarries. 3/ For purposes of this clause, an alien who has filed a petition under clause (iii) or (iv) of section 204(a)(1)(A) of this Act remains an immediate relative in the event that the United States citizen spouse or parent loses United States citizenship on account of the abuse.
    (ii) Aliens admitted under section 211(a) on the basis of a prior issuance of a visa to their accompanying parent who is such an immediate relative.
    (B) Aliens born to an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence during a temporary visit abroad.