50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What after an immigrant enter in usa as legally.

I am us citizen and i filed i-130 for my kids age 20 & 17.I-130 approved and case went to NVC and consualte at Pakistan. They both granted Visa. Consulate office gave them a packet instructing them dont open it and hand over this to immigration officer at port of entry.
    Now they are here in USA since 26th july 2009.
    My question is this , DO I NEED TO FILLUP ANY OTHER FORMS FOR THEIR GREEN CARD. AND WHAT I NEED TO DO TO APPLY THEIR SSN.
    Thank you for your time and kind advise.

I am us citizen and i filed i-130 for my kids age 20 & 17.I-130 approved and case went to NVC and consualte at Pakistan. They both granted Visa. Consulate office gave them a packet instructing them dont open it and hand over this to immigration officer at port of entry.
    Now they are here in USA since 26th july 2009.
    My question is this , DO I NEED TO FILLUP ANY OTHER FORMS FOR THEIR GREEN CARD. AND WHAT I NEED TO DO TO APPLY THEIR SSN.
    Thank you for your time and kind advise.

Hi Quresh,

The link below provides more information. Your children will need to adjust status prior to receiving their social security cards. Good luck!

Click here

Hi Quereshi,

Your children need to adjust status as soon as possible.

In the I-485 package there will be a form I-765, application for Employment Authorization.
    Unless changed the fee for this is included in the I-485 filing fee if applying at same time.

The Green cards will take some time, so having this Employment card will allow your children to go to Social Security for a SS# and work immediately.

My advice is to file that I-765 form with the I-485.

All the best
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Sprint girl is a moron. An alien who enters with an immigrant visa does not file a I-485. They will be mailed a green card to the address on their immigrant visa.

To get a social security card they need to go to the Social Security office and apply in person. Bring their passport with the Temp 551 stamp or the green card they received in the mail.

You should have remembered that they will do everything the same way you did it when you immigrated.

Federale, for your information, I had to file I-485 when I moved over. No, I did not receive a temporary stamp in my passport, neither did my son.

The OP did not mention that they had a stamp, so yes I presumed they had to AOS.

So to your answer, no, it's not the same as me and many other immigrants who had visa's.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Your kids will get the green cards in the mail. If they haven't received by mid-August, call USCIS customer service.

To get Social Security number, do what Federale said- go to social security office with the kids, and their passports.

Sprint_girl- if you had to file I-485, then you did not come here pursuant to approved I-130 as did qureshi's kids.

I also s.crewed up with the advice I gave. I was basing it on what my sister-in-law had to do, but she came on a K-1 which is non-immigrant, thus she had to go through the AOS process. Sorry about that!

Sorry sprint, but you are wrong. No alien who is admitted as an immigrant needs to adjust. You obviously adjusted status after entry as a parolee, a non-immigrant visa, or EWI. At least Proud had the courage to admitt that he made a mistake.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At least Proud had the courage to admitt that he made a mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be 'she' - lol! Not a guy! But, yes, when I make a mistake, I will be the first to admit it.