free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over stay on 90 day visa, but we're married....HELP

Ok, my husband and I got married 05-2005 here in California, then filed the paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands when we went on the honeymoon there. Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I'm on welfare. He came over 10-2005 on a 90 day visa, thinking that we could find a co-sponsor. The paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands expired 07-2006. Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. Seems like people are scared to help co-sponsor someone that only wants to work and take care of his wife and step-daughter.

Ok, my husband and I got married 05-2005 here in California, then filed the paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands when we went on the honeymoon there. Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I'm on welfare. He came over 10-2005 on a 90 day visa, thinking that we could find a co-sponsor. The paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands expired 07-2006. Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. Seems like people are scared to help co-sponsor someone that only wants to work and take care of his wife and step-daughter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Berrys_Schatje:
    Ok, my husband and I got married 05-2005 here in California, then filed the paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands when we went on the honeymoon there. Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I don't make enough money. He came over 10-2005 on a 90 day visa, thinking that we could find a co-sponsor. The paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands expired 07-2006. Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. Seems like people are scared to help co-sponsor someone that only wants to work and take care of his wife and step-daughter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you will like to sponsor your husband for a green card, you have to first get of welfare and get a job, you cannot expect someone else tosponsor him when he is your husband, you can ask someone to co-sponsor if your wages is not enough, but know one will take the burden of an I864, it is a very binding contract , and the sponsor can be sued. The best thing to do is get a job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing. He has to go back.

Not only did he not do what he said he would do (get married), but then he also overstayed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I don't make enough money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who paid for the paperwork, the wedding, his trip to the US as a tourist, your trip to The Netherlands as a wife, etc?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not only did he not do what he said he would do (get married), but then he also overstayed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    He is still in the Netherlands, dumbass.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ok, my husband and I got married 05-2005 here in California.

He came over 10-2005 on a 90 day visa, thinking that we could find a co-sponsor.

The paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands expired 07-2006.

Well, never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do read again Mr. Hudson.

Thank you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Berrys_Schatje:
    Ok, my husband and I got married 05-2005 here in California, then filed the paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands when we went on the honeymoon there. Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I'm on welfare. He came over 10-2005 on a 90 day visa, thinking that we could find a co-sponsor. The paperwork for the visa in the Netherlands expired 07-2006. Well never got the co-sponsor and he's still here. What can we do now to get him legal here. Seems like people are scared to help co-sponsor someone that only wants to work and take care of his wife and step-daughter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending upon the exact date that the tourist visa expired in 2006, he may be subject to a 10 year bar of admission should he leave the country at this point (180 days triggers a 3 yr bar and 365 days a 10 year). Whatever you choose to do, I'd recommend consulting an immigration attorney.

And doing that right away!
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

He paid for everything since he had a job then in the Netherlands. Quit his job when he came over and then the over stay. Its hard to find someone to help sponsor people, they make it sound like your gonna have to pay for their way here. My husband wants to work, the problem again, can't because of this Gov't B.S. that stands in our way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dmartmar:

Not only did he not do what he said he would do (get married), but then he also overstayed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Got paperwork stating that he needed a sponsor and I can't do this on my own cause I don't make enough money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So who paid for the paperwork, the wedding, his trip to the US as a tourist, your trip to The Netherlands as a wife, etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do not want to get a job, then the usual suspects are Parents and Siblings.

I find it difficult to belive that Holland does not have similar requirements.

You can also use Capital instead of Income.