publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: To Bronzelady,Kalla and all friends who are waiting for a Name Check from FBI.

Hello Bronzelady,
    Welcome back to this forum I am sure a lot of people can use your valuable advise. Thank you so much. As you can see from my case is there anything you suggest I can do cause at this rate I don't see my GC for the next oh god who knows when. I have faxed the FBI (no response) and I have called INS and all they says is it is pending. What is it that you suggest I do at this point? Does contacting congressman and senator help? Is there any time line limit at all for a AOS case to be approved? I really want to see my parents as they are in their 60's now it is been more then 3 years now since I saw them last. Looking at my case history can you please tell me have I ever been out of status? Cause if I do apply for a advance parole do you think I qualify for any bans I should know about? Please advise. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Raju

Hi Kalla,
    Been a while since I did not see your posting on here just was wondering any news from INS Yet? Please let me know what do you think I should do about my situation? Now you did fax to the FBI about Name check right? Did they respond back? Or did you call some phone number let me know. Thanks man.

Raju

Here is a summary of my case
    I entered the US on Aug 10th 98 on F1 (Student visa) valid from July 30th 98 to Dec 31st 01 .I have had renewed my EAD (work Permit) several times.
    1st time 07/20/99 --- 07/20/00
    2nd 07/21/00---- 12/15/00
    3rd Optional Practical Training from 07/18/01 ---07/18/02
    AOS receipt date 07/25/02
    4th 9/20/2002 ---09/19/03
    5th 09/20/03 ----09/19/04
    6th 09/20/04 ----- 09/19/05
    Finger printed for FBI/CIA -01/16/04
    AOS interview 5/12/04
    Currently awaiting Green card.

Hello Bronzelady,
    Welcome back to this forum I am sure a lot of people can use your valuable advise. Thank you so much. As you can see from my case is there anything you suggest I can do cause at this rate I don't see my GC for the next oh god who knows when. I have faxed the FBI (no response) and I have called INS and all they says is it is pending. What is it that you suggest I do at this point? Does contacting congressman and senator help? Is there any time line limit at all for a AOS case to be approved? I really want to see my parents as they are in their 60's now it is been more then 3 years now since I saw them last. Looking at my case history can you please tell me have I ever been out of status? Cause if I do apply for a advance parole do you think I qualify for any bans I should know about? Please advise. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Raju

Hi Kalla,
    Been a while since I did not see your posting on here just was wondering any news from INS Yet? Please let me know what do you think I should do about my situation? Now you did fax to the FBI about Name check right? Did they respond back? Or did you call some phone number let me know. Thanks man.

Raju

Here is a summary of my case
    I entered the US on Aug 10th 98 on F1 (Student visa) valid from July 30th 98 to Dec 31st 01 .I have had renewed my EAD (work Permit) several times.
    1st time 07/20/99 --- 07/20/00
    2nd 07/21/00---- 12/15/00
    3rd Optional Practical Training from 07/18/01 ---07/18/02
    AOS receipt date 07/25/02
    4th 9/20/2002 ---09/19/03
    5th 09/20/03 ----09/19/04
    6th 09/20/04 ----- 09/19/05
    Finger printed for FBI/CIA -01/16/04
    AOS interview 5/12/04
    Currently awaiting Green card.

Raju,
    I am still waiting...Pending Name check...originally BCIS messed up my application by putting my fingerprint results under a different Alien#. My Congressman had that corrected, a Name Check request was then generated to the FBI.

All this happened in mid September, at the time I was told that it would take 4 to 6 weeks for that to be resolved. It is already way passed that deadline. I am not even bothering anymore, whatever happends I'll deal with it. But I have decided that I won't renew my workpermit, I don't care.

As for contacting you congressperson, it does help, as in my case it helped to locate my fingerprints and generate the name check request to the FBI.

As for contacting the FBI, they no longer accept faxes requests, you have to send an e-mail with your complete name, Date of birth, country of birth and alien number to :

FBINNCP@IC.FBI.GOV

I also requested my record from the FBI under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act and received a letter 2 weeks after advissing me that the FBI had "No Record" on me.

Hope it helps you to make up your mind!

Hi Kalla,
    Thank you for your response. I am so sorry to note that you are still waiting inspite of all the contacts to the FBI and Congressman. Okay my first question is what is the fax # or address to request a Freedom of Information and Privacy Act? may be I should do that first to see if they have any records on me. How did you write the letter? And where? Since I started all these FBI investigation a month ago I guess I will wait for a month before I go to my congressman with proof that nothing is being done. Now when you said you received a letter from FBI of NO RECORD you mean in the mail right? or was it a fax? Thanks for the info.

Raju

PS I heard the INS ran out of GC and they just got new stock so may that is the reason they were slow in processing I guess.

There is nothing you can do to expedite an FBI name check. The FBI processes them in their own time. This is outside of CIS control and they have to wait for the FBI to run the check and post the results. The CIS does not have timelines to adjudicate an I-485 (except every attempt must be made to adjudicate DV cases before the end of the fiscal year and children who may lose out on a benefit) and security takes first place in all cases.

Raju,
    Here is thread which will help you for the FOIA request to the FBI. The PDF file on the first nessage is very helpful.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/sho...8&page=4&pp=15

Good luck!

Hi Bronzelady,
    Thank you so much for your response. But I have 2 questions looking at my case history do you feel I have been out of status? I don't think so but what do you think? Well me and my wife are planning on going back home next year and I would like to know if I would have any problems during re-entry to the US such as bans of 3/10 years and second question was we filed our AOS paperwork in Chicago and were also interviewed in Chicago. Now where exactly is our file? Since our case is post interview .Is it in Chicago or Philly (we live in Philly now) Again I greatly appreciate your advise and opinion. Thank you.

Raju
    Ps i graduated in may 2001

Hi Kalla,
    Thank you so much for the valuable web thread. I really hope we hear something soon from the INS.
    Good luck to you too.

Raju