Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Minutes count. Please help.

Hello.
    My situation is this:
    I was denied asylum, and I appealed for it. My case was pending in appeal. In the same time I have been married for almost 2 years now WITH A US CITIZEN and we were approved from the INS on September 1st, 2004.
    I JUST GOT A RESPONSE FROM THE BIA 2 days ago. IT IS A "NO" FOR MY APPEAL AND IT SAYS THAT I HAVE 30 DAYS TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY
    We have a lawyer, and he was going to send our file to the BIA, so the case could be send back to the Judge, for adjustment of status.
    It has been months now and our lawyer has not sent the case yet. Since we paid him he does not return our calls, or emails, even when he does he says that he is going to send it. We had an appointment with him with his request after my appeal decision and he was not there. EVEN today we don't know if he has sent that yet. WE WAITED THIS LONG BECAUSE HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO SEND IT THIS DAY, OR THAT DAY.
    WE NEED EVERY POSSIBLE HELP THAT WE CAN GET.
    WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.
    THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT WILL GIVE US WHATEVER INFO THAY WOULD KNOW.

Hello.
    My situation is this:
    I was denied asylum, and I appealed for it. My case was pending in appeal. In the same time I have been married for almost 2 years now WITH A US CITIZEN and we were approved from the INS on September 1st, 2004.
    I JUST GOT A RESPONSE FROM THE BIA 2 days ago. IT IS A "NO" FOR MY APPEAL AND IT SAYS THAT I HAVE 30 DAYS TO LEAVE THE COUNTRY
    We have a lawyer, and he was going to send our file to the BIA, so the case could be send back to the Judge, for adjustment of status.
    It has been months now and our lawyer has not sent the case yet. Since we paid him he does not return our calls, or emails, even when he does he says that he is going to send it. We had an appointment with him with his request after my appeal decision and he was not there. EVEN today we don't know if he has sent that yet. WE WAITED THIS LONG BECAUSE HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO SEND IT THIS DAY, OR THAT DAY.
    WE NEED EVERY POSSIBLE HELP THAT WE CAN GET.
    WE REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE.
    THANK YOU TO EVERY ONE OF YOU THAT WILL GIVE US WHATEVER INFO THAY WOULD KNOW.

Fire the b a s t a r d and hire a good immigration lawyer (best by reference). When immigration issues are settled sue the b a s t a r d into bankrupcy.

Thank you for your info. I think you are more than right, but for now we just need to do something about our case and we have only around 10 days for it.