Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Received Interview Letter today

Hello everyone,

After 5 months in total ( 2 months after receiving my work Permit) I received the interview appointment letter today stating that I have to be there with my wife on the 26 of this month with my passport and other information like : Bank statements etc... to do an interview with an officer to determine my I485 status.

Now here's what we do not have so far:
    ** A bank statement with both of our names on them.
    ** Utility bills with both our names on them

The reason for that is because since I didn't have a social security before they refused to do it when we tried to.
    Now that I do we are going to get on them today and fix that ASAP.

Will that be a problem though!
    We have been living together for 3 years now.
    Married for 1 1/2 year.

Please advise..

[This message was edited by Boritos la star ivoirienne on March 04, 2004 at 05:47 PM.]

Hello everyone,

After 5 months in total ( 2 months after receiving my work Permit) I received the interview appointment letter today stating that I have to be there with my wife on the 26 of this month with my passport and other information like : Bank statements etc... to do an interview with an officer to determine my I485 status.

Now here's what we do not have so far:
    ** A bank statement with both of our names on them.
    ** Utility bills with both our names on them

The reason for that is because since I didn't have a social security before they refused to do it when we tried to.
    Now that I do we are going to get on them today and fix that ASAP.

Will that be a problem though!
    We have been living together for 3 years now.
    Married for 1 1/2 year.

Please advise..

[This message was edited by Boritos la star ivoirienne on March 04, 2004 at 05:47 PM.]

If these are the two things that you do not have that is fine. MY officer did not want to see bank statements or utility bills. He went more for the tax return or any benefits i received from my husband like insurance.
    You are good. you guys know each other well and the fact that you guys lived together really helps a lot so there is nothing to be afraid of.

where you filed you AOS? a timeline will help a lot of people here

Hello Everyone,

My timeline is as follow:

My wife and I got married in June of 2003.
    We filed for my I-485 October, 6 2003 and I got my EAD December 06 2003.
    I received a letter from BCIS december 17 saying I needed to go and get fingerprinted for some kind of FBI background check in order to process my I-485.
    I got the fingerprint done January 7, 2004.
    Today March 04 2004 I received a letter from BCIS for my interview set to be on March 24th 2004.

It seem to me that is is kinda going fast.
    Isn't it?

I got really surprised with this interview appointment letter though.
    We are working on getting both of our names on most of our bills and other things.
    We could have done it long before but it's just that I didn't have a social and Banks and other institutions refused to served if no social was provided.
    I now do have my social and even got my drivers Licence last week.

We do have a joint tax that she filled with the IRS for last year and provided them my new social security number in it.

I entered the US legally back in 1997 and overstayed my tourist (B2) Visa.

There you have it.
    Now your advice.

(I remember when I first came to the US 6 years ago, I wasn't speaking a word not even 1 word of english .. I think I am doing okay nowdays.)
    You be the judge.

I am now a programmer and I planning on pursuing a BIO-Medical Ingineering degree at devry University very soon.

[This message was edited by Boritos la star ivoirienne on March 04, 2004 at 05:45 PM.]

Thanks for your timeline but you did not say what local office or service center u used. It sounds like baltimore/Vermont sc because of swiftness.

Congratulations.... yes your engllish is goood

I am in the state of Washington.
    Precisely from the city of Seattle,WA.
    I never sent my applications to a service center rather the forms were sent to my local BCIS office located in Downtown.

Thanks 4now.

I really hope we do not go through some problems with the interviewer because I cannot furnish really what it is that they require.
    No social security number there's nothing we could do.
    That is the way they made their law for immigrants though.
    I am trying as fast as I can to get some stuff.
    We have wedding pictures and some tax papers and I think 2 of the bills like : Power, Phone, Insurance, TV bills and stuff are in both of our names now since this afternoon.
    We live together though and I love her dearly no doubt on that one.
    I am not scared at all but I would like to know, what it is that is a MUST HAVE before you show up for an interview with BCIS.

Regards,
    BLSI

[This message was edited by Boritos la star ivoirienne on March 04, 2004 at 06:54 PM.]

Ah Seattle.. yes they are pretty quick. Everybody has a service Center. You submit your packet to the local branch in most cases. They arrange for the interview etc. After the interview and recomendation your file will go to your SERvie Center with the evidences. The greencard will be issued from the Service Center.

Looks like you are set for the interview.
    Stop worrying. Be relaxed and honest, and all will be well.

Thanks allot 4now.
    You are absolutely right.
    There is indeed nothing to be afraid of.
    I have always been this way regarding certain things in my life.
    I always get worried for nothing and things always fix itself.
    I will keep you DEFINITELY updated about this interview and how things went.
    I will be worries free and I am sure GOD willing we'll be fine and sound.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Boritos,
    Djo t'inquiete pas tout va marcher, mais je vois que votre service a Seattle ca vraiemnt vite. Moi je suis a New York, j'ai depose mon dossier depuis Septembre 2002..bon la j'ai quand meme fair mes fingerprints le 07 Jnavier comme toi! et j'attend la lettre de l'interview.
    Moi je suis venu en 1995 et je ne parlais pas un mot d'anglais non plus!
    Bonne chance et surtout raconte nous apres l'interview comment ca c passe. Comme on dit au pays "Y a rien c l'homme qui a peur!"