free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child in the USA...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what I would like some answers on are the following question:

If you are a citizen of another country living in the USA and you have a child here, is that child an American Citizen (and citizen of your home country) and can you get some kind of visa because of the childs citizenship to stay in the USA and raise that child here?

In short: can you become legal through this child to stay in the USA?

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but what I would like some answers on are the following question:

If you are a citizen of another country living in the USA and you have a child here, is that child an American Citizen (and citizen of your home country) and can you get some kind of visa because of the childs citizenship to stay in the USA and raise that child here?

In short: can you become legal through this child to stay in the USA?

If the parents are not citizens, does that mean they have to take the child back to their home country to raise him/her or is their a special law that can make them stay here and raise the child here?

Yes, Yes, and No.

Children born in the United States are US citizens (with e few exceptions such as children born to representatives of foreign governments, i.e. Ambassador's kids.)

The child may also be a citizen of whatever country you came from. It depends on your foreign laws.

You can get immigration status through your USC children. The only hitch is that the USC child has to reach the age of 21 before filing for foreign parents. Until then you are SOL if you don't have another legal means of staying in the US.

"The only hitch is that the USC child has to reach the age of 21 before filing for foreign parents."
    That means that BCIS forces the parents of USC children to work illegally for 21 years (!) in order to support their children.

Thanks Old Man,
    That is how I understood it too. But now what I don't understand is: Will the US force you and your (US Citizen) child to return to your home country? Or what is the procedure when that happens? Do the child stay here and they deport the parents or do they deport the parents and child or do they let all stay in the US?

They deport the parents and not the child. Parents can decide to take the child or leave her behind.

So, what happens to the child if the parents decide to leave him/her in the US cause it is too dangerous in their home country?

the child will be put in foster care.

Hey who is asking you to leave the country?

I am also in this case and wondering is there any way for getting a greencard from this.