free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remarried

Hi Everyone. Wel just to give a background. my parents petitioned me back in 1995 which was approved. Our greencard was peding and my parents moved out of the country in 1999. In 2000 I got married. 2001 I had my first born and my wife petitioned me. in 2003 I got my greencard. 2004 had my 2nd daughter. 2006 had my twin boys and in 2007 I became a citizen. Early 2008 our marriage became sour. My wife filed for divorce in June of 2008. I moved out in October. November I met someone. We then met up again in December.Feb of 2009 my divorce was finalized and finally we met again in march. She flew in with me from singapore. End of march March of 2009 we got married. Now I want to petition her. Is there going to be any problems? what forms do I need to submit and where. I-130, I-485, G-325 and her medical. How many photos 2 or 4? where do I submit it? local office or lockbox? I love in San Jose, CA

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone. Wel just to give a background. my parents petitioned me back in 1995 which was approved. Our greencard was peding and my parents moved out of the country in 1999. In 2000 I got married. 2001 I had my first born and my wife petitioned me. in 2003 I got my greencard. 2004 had my 2nd daughter. 2006 had my twin boys and in 2007 I became a citizen. Early 2008 our marriage became sour. My wife filed for divorce in June of 2008. I moved out in October. November I met someone. We then met up again in December.Feb of 2009 my divorce was finalized and finally we met again in march. She flew in with me from singapore. End of march March of 2009 we got married. Now I want to petition her. Is there going to be any problems? what forms do I need to submit and where. I-130, I-485, G-325 and her medical. How many photos 2 or 4? where do I submit it? local office or lockbox? I love in San Jose, CA

Thanks in advance

Hi Glenn,

If your new wife came to the US on a valid visa, you should be able to file I-130 and other forms you mentioned to adjust her status. Good luck to you both.

what happens if you marry a person that came on tourist visa over stayed etc and they marry a US citizen ???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Glenn,

If your new wife came to the US on a valid visa, you should be able to file I-130 and other forms you mentioned to adjust her status. Good luck to you both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
    what happens if you marry a person that came on tourist visa over stayed etc and they marry a US citizen ???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    Hi Glenn,

If your new wife came to the US on a valid visa, you should be able to file I-130 and other forms you mentioned to adjust her status. Good luck to you both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mary,

Not sure I understand your question. What is the current status of the person who overstayed their visa. Sounds like there is a divorce and remarriage in the picture. Correct me if I have this wrong.

Persons who enter on a tourist visa and quickly get married usually have their adjustment applications denied for fraud. And from what you say your parents were not residing in the US when they petitioned for you, so you are here illegally as well.

I have a green card since 1989 federale sorry to disappoint you on that one guess im legal
    don't be so quick to assume

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
    Persons who enter on a tourist visa and quickly get married usually have their adjustment applications denied for fraud. And from what you say your parents were not residing in the US when they petitioned for you, so you are here illegally as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Mary

Federale is not talking about you. He is speaking to and answsering the OP that posted the question, and started the thread.

I agree with Federale.. OP will most likely have a problem of fraud. Op married to soon (within 30 days) He should have filed a K1 visa to be safe.

Even worse, if he decides to try to adjust the status and is denied, there is no appeal because wife came in on visa waiver program. she will then have to go home and the story is over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Glenn:

Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    So, what happened to the adjustment of status in 2003 when your wife petitioned for you? Is your wife a USC? or is she a Perm Resident? Or was she a perm resident in 2003 and a USC now?

Or are you petitioning for your wife and what is your status?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Facts are in short supply with this guy.