publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: how long to get actual green card in mail?

OK, I got my I-751 approval, am going tomorrow to bring my photos in. Do they do anything else, or do you just give them your photos and sign your name?
    How long does it take to actually get the green card in the mail after this? It says up to 6 months - is that another fake INS timeline? I'm going to the Buffalo office.

OK, I got my I-751 approval, am going tomorrow to bring my photos in. Do they do anything else, or do you just give them your photos and sign your name?
    How long does it take to actually get the green card in the mail after this? It says up to 6 months - is that another fake INS timeline? I'm going to the Buffalo office.

You have to get printed for the I-89 (front and back) and sign the I-89 (front and back). They will take your approval letter (must be the orignal), your old green card, the I-89, your 2-3 photos (whatever # was requested - it varies by office), and your passport. The passport is stamped and serves as a record that your I-751 has been approved and you are awaiting your green card in the mail. The stamp will be valid for one year from the time the approval was given (not the day you get the passport stamped).

As for how long the card takes, well I've been waiting 8 weeks since I had my I-751 processed on 7/8/04. ARQU has been waiting even longer than me. They told me to allow 6 months for the card arrive.

I got mine with the wrong name after exactly 7 weeks

thanks! that was very helpful.

what offices did you get your cards from?

We haven't got the cards yet. That is the problem. All of the cards are manufactured in Corbin, Kentucky (at least that is the last I had heard).

If you are asking where we had our I-751s processed, mine was done in Boston.

Bluetree:

All you need to do is take your approval letter, 2 pics (new layout is same as passport as the old photo style (showing ear) is no longer acceptable), your expired GC, and your passport.

Then you go in (perhaps you have to make an INFOPASS appointment at Buffalo). And hand over your old GC. I have been told 6-12 mos (twice) by the Newark office. Other folks are getting them much faster.

Here are some tips:

1) Photocopy your approval letter (they take it away too!)

2) Make sure your passport is stamped with a 1yr I-551. That is as good as a GC...

3) Relax and sit back - one day it will show up...

ARQU

we went to the Chicago INS office Yesterday to submit pictures, old green card and aproval letter, after all this was done the officer said to us that the card will arrive in the mail but that it could take up to 18 months, this sound like a long wait, but that's what we was told.