free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To DCF or not to DCF?

I will be getting married in 3 months after my divorce is final. I'm the USC. My fiance is in East Africa and we have a 2 month old son. I read on the consulate website that i can qualify to DCF if i stay in the country for atleast six months. Because of the child, i'm planning on staying in East Africa until my fiance and our son have secured Visas.

Is this a good idea or should i come back here and file a K3? The K1 is out of the question because it takes too long. I'm choosing the DCF route because we no longer want to be separated.

The reason why i'm having second thoughts is because i have not been able to get in touch with the consulate in order to get detailed info on DCF. The consulate is in Kenya. Anyone who has had experience with this consulate, i would appreciate your input.

[This message was edited by Remi on February 09, 2004 at 08:33 PM.]

[This message was edited by Remi on February 09, 2004 at 08:34 PM.]

I will be getting married in 3 months after my divorce is final. I'm the USC. My fiance is in East Africa and we have a 2 month old son. I read on the consulate website that i can qualify to DCF if i stay in the country for atleast six months. Because of the child, i'm planning on staying in East Africa until my fiance and our son have secured Visas.

Is this a good idea or should i come back here and file a K3? The K1 is out of the question because it takes too long. I'm choosing the DCF route because we no longer want to be separated.

The reason why i'm having second thoughts is because i have not been able to get in touch with the consulate in order to get detailed info on DCF. The consulate is in Kenya. Anyone who has had experience with this consulate, i would appreciate your input.

[This message was edited by Remi on February 09, 2004 at 08:33 PM.]

[This message was edited by Remi on February 09, 2004 at 08:34 PM.]

Hi Remi,

No experience with US Consulate in Kenya but DCF is probably the best option if u qualify for that.... I did the same thing...Good luck...Pasha

Kenyan consulate is very efficient, I hear.

why dont you try to contact bureau of consular affairs in washington dc to find out if they do dcf in kenya ? some countries will waive the 6 month residency requirement, but if its available there its far quicker than K3 ..

Good Idea Julie, do you have there contact information?

Hi Remi,

US Consulate in Kenya doesn't allow DCF for non resident visitor US Citizen ... (http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.co...countries.html) this link has lot of info ....

Contact info for US Consulate in Kenya:-

Phone:- (254) 2 3753706

E mail: - consularnairob@state.gov

Source: - http://nairobi.usembassy.gov/

Other useful site is http://www.visajourney.com/forums/in...pg=compare#dcf

Wish u all the best...Pasha

Pasha I understand they don't allow DCF for non-residents. My question was, is it a good idea to stay there for 6 months in order to qualify as a resident??

hi remi ... if u will read all info on those website its written there ... some US Consulate dont allow in that case ... so plz contact them in Kenya through e mail and phone i gave you... i wish you all the best and everything works out for you.... Good luck...Pasha