50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed Imm. Interview, can I have a 2nd chance?

Today me and my wife failed our first Imm. Interview, because we didn't had enough proof that we lived together in the past[for like 6 months] right after marriage, even though true it was mainly because of economic reasons. Is this serious? and is it possible for us to get a second interview?

Today me and my wife failed our first Imm. Interview, because we didn't had enough proof that we lived together in the past[for like 6 months] right after marriage, even though true it was mainly because of economic reasons. Is this serious? and is it possible for us to get a second interview?

Hi Mark and welcome,

There is an appeal process. Click below and also discuss this with a qualified immigration attorney. Good luck.

This might help.

Thank you, I guess i just have to contact my Imm. attorney and prepare an appeal.

Did they actually say they were going to deny your case?

No, pretty much they told us we lacked picture and "living-together" proof, just asked us to leave for the next couple.

This means they have not denied you yet. One of three things usually happens at this point: they will send a request for more evidence OR schedule you for a second interview, called a "Stokes" interview (this where they will split you up and ask each of you about 100 questions and see what percentage of the answers actually match up) OR deny you. Hopefully it will be one of the first two.

Thank you so much for the info, I just spoke with my attorney and apparently we were denied, I think this only leaves me with an appeal that i would do later.

-On another note: the interviewer, kept some of my wifes copies and accidentally her little I94[Arrival-Departure Record] paper that was past of her passport, i dont really know if this is a an imporantant paper but if it is, is it possible that i could get it back from them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark-o:
    Today me and my wife failed our first Imm. Interview, because we didn't had enough proof that we lived together in the past[for like 6 months] right after marriage, even though true it was mainly because of economic reasons. Is this serious? and is it possible for us to get a second interview? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one can possibly fail one of these interviews unless they are outright frauds which sounds like the case here.

Mark-O, please ignore the forum troll above.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.