50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help!!!

I hold an F-1 visa but since I failed to maintain my status back in 2003 due to personal reasons, I could not go back to the college that I went to... I am about 5 classes away of getting my degree and in the process of adjusting my status through my marriage... i am now in a different state where some illegal immigrants could go to college. I really wanted to go back to school and finished what I started, but I am not sure if i could because i have no clue what my status is at all... I don't have any approved I-30 yet or green card. So if somebody could please tell me how to go back to school without knowing my status that would be great... Thanks in advance...

I hold an F-1 visa but since I failed to maintain my status back in 2003 due to personal reasons, I could not go back to the college that I went to... I am about 5 classes away of getting my degree and in the process of adjusting my status through my marriage... i am now in a different state where some illegal immigrants could go to college. I really wanted to go back to school and finished what I started, but I am not sure if i could because i have no clue what my status is at all... I don't have any approved I-30 yet or green card. So if somebody could please tell me how to go back to school without knowing my status that would be great... Thanks in advance...

Hi luvjonaly,

Looking at your history I didn't think you are holding a F1 visa now as you lose that once you married a USC and AOS the first time you did it.

I know what you are asking but wouldn't it just be better to wait to go back to school once you have the right papers etc?

Hopefully someone will give you some knowledge about attending school without the necessary papers or finding out your current status, but if there are risks in doing this, with the problems that you have already had in the past, would it be all worth it?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

If your spouse is US citizen and you filed I-485 with I-130, your stay in USA is authorised and status "pending AOS".

to sprintgirl, and aneri... Thanks for the reply... I know it's good to wait for my papers to be done, but since i am still waiting for the 1-30 to get approved... I thought I could do something useful that would benefit down the road while waiting.... I have been wanting to finish my studies but like I said, I guess it was not meant to be yet.... I'll just wait, it just ****s that my life has been on hold and can't do anything about it.... Once again, thank you guys!!!! I'll Keep you guys updated

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by luvjonalyn:
    to sprintgirl, and aneri... Thanks for the reply... I know it's good to wait for my papers to be done, but since i am still waiting for the 1-30 to get approved... I thought I could do something useful that would benefit me down the road while waiting.... I have been wanting to finish my studies but like I said, I guess it was not meant to be yet.... I'll just wait, it just su*ks that my life has been on hold and can't do anything about it.... Once again, thank you guys!!!! I'll Keep you guys updated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your stay is legal, and it is not forbinden to study while waiting for green card, so I don't see why you can't take classes? Did you contact the University?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your stay is legal, and it is not forbinden to study while waiting for green card, so I don't see why you can't take classes? Did you contact the University? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with Aneri you should talk to the University.But the tuition fee might be a bit more than a resident thou.