50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need Help For Marriage Visa!

I don't know where to start! I am living in the UK on a marriage visa with my British husband. We want to move back to the U.S (where i am still a citizen) before we start a family. It seems the whole process is much more complicated than getting me here--it only took a month! How far ahead should we start the process before we actually want to move, how long would it take from someone from the UK to be accepted and is it easier to just hire an immigration laywer? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!!

I don't know where to start! I am living in the UK on a marriage visa with my British husband. We want to move back to the U.S (where i am still a citizen) before we start a family. It seems the whole process is much more complicated than getting me here--it only took a month! How far ahead should we start the process before we actually want to move, how long would it take from someone from the UK to be accepted and is it easier to just hire an immigration laywer? Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!!

Please check this link from USCIS, it should get you started on the right direction:
    http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/residency/family.htm

You can check the local US consulate/embassy to have an idea how long the process will took.

Thank you very much, that was helpful!

I have another question,

Can we file a K-3 (?) visa while we are waiting for his immigration one to go through, would that be the fastest, easiest way to get him to the u.s with me and able to work while we are waiting?

hi,
    you are a usc living in the uk..right?...if thats correct,london embassey do direct fileing on a i130, you file on your husbands behalf.you also ask how long this will take...ive seen cases done in 8/12 months in london....call them up they give you a better idea...the i130 is moving faster than the i129 k3,but im not sure if london does direct fileing for the 129 k3.....oh yes i forgot the phone line to call them is 1.50 min...i would e/mail them first before i used that phone number..and the people on that line is not very helpfull...
    best of luck.