free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost Resident Alien Number & Card

My wallet was stolen and all my ID's were in it. I never wrote down my resident alien number & card. I have the old resident alien cards that didn't expire. How can I locate this number. I have searched & searched and can not locate the number....Is there a website I can pay to locate it or what are my options???
    I want to apply for a replacement but I don't know my number. My mother & father can locate my number. Now my mom recently became a US citizien but my father has not. Could the number be close to my dad's since we all became resident aliens at the same time?? Please help because I can not request a replacement Social Security card or DL

I dunno how you can have an old resident card. Anyway, the A number on the old card should be the same Alien number for your lost 1. If you can't locate it, send a FOIA request to the office who has jurisdiction in your area. However, that might take a LONG time. If you are lucky you can call the 800 number, and try to convince them to retrive it for you. I dunno another way to get it, someone else might know.

Your resident alien number on your old cards is the same as the one on the card you lost.

Form I-90 with $190 filing fee. Your A number is splattered all over several of your approved petition/application documents (I-130/I-485/I-765), it never changes.

I have also lost my Alien Resident card and do not know the number. There is a stamp in my passport from when I arrived in the country in 1983 and there is a number written on that stamp that begins with an A. Does anyone know it that is the same number that was issued on the card?
    Also, I sent in the form I-90 (for replacement) together with relevant fees and where they ask for card number I wrote "Card is Lost" They sent everything back saying I have to have that number. Sheesh!!......I know they have a hundred ways of looking it up!!
    Any ideas?

Believe it or not I don't have it written down on anything because I never used it.

...can you tie your own shoelaces?

marylyn:

yes should be the same A number you have on your passport. resend it with it.

the number is stamped into your passport you used originally to enter the US.

Originally posted by Patandg1:
    My wallet was stolen and all my ID's were in it. I never wrote down my resident alien number & card. I have the old resident alien cards that didn't expire. How can I locate this number. I have searched & searched and can not locate the number....Is there a website I can pay to locate it or what are my options???
    I want to apply for a replacement but I don't know my number. My mother & father can locate my number. Now my mom recently became a US citizien but my father has not. Could the number be close to my dad's since we all became resident aliens at the same time?? Please help because I can not request a replacement Social Security card or DL

I am still stunned,why anyone would even carry his or her greencard with them in their wallet at all tmes,makes no sence to me.
    Unless you were about to enter a SS office,or was about to go somewhere to show your greencard,or about to travel.

Other than that,no need to have your greencard on you,like its a credit card,nor do you have to have it with you.

Last but not least, whats the big deal? are you telling me,if you give INS your full name,they wont find you in the system and your number? lol right lol.

Besides,u have not one single document,nothing at all from INS that would show your number???
    kinda weird this story...

I mean if i would lose my credit card,i would still know after losing it,what my account number was...

besides,u are always suppose to photocopy your greencard,just for safety..in case,something like this happens...

any application u sent in ,in the past,u never kept copies of it,cause i am so positive you have that number somewhere unless u are truely unorganized.

Bottom line for the future, dont carry your greencard with you,leave it at home safe and ONLY have it,when you are about to use it,or need it.